THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
I have seen this several times in Wal-Mart and wanted to try out the Pecan and the Cherry, but have yet to do so. Figured I would throw it out for discussion to see if anyone has used it, and how they liked it. Also, if you have used it can you tell a difference between it and just normal charcoal briqs? TIA.

While not exactly what you're asking for I did once purchase Kingsford lump charcoal. It was just briquettes with strips of wood embedded in them. Burned fine, but I'd hardly call it lump. Couldn't find it on their site, but I did find this video showing it.

I’ve used the apple and was very pleased with it. Found a couple bags of pecan that I’m going to use for my first cooking in my Assassin GF. I’ve seen some cherry as well at our local Walmart but otherwise it seems to be tough to come by here.

I could definitely smell the wood as it burned, but the Kingsford charcoal flavor was all I could taste on the end product. Not a fan.

I like the hickory but its too $$$ imo, never any issues with the regular , some folks like mid priced stuff others always want what ever costs the most because it has to be better right?

Back