KCBS Says Cheating Better Than Offending TOTY

A "mistake"???

Wearing fake male genitals in front of people's families, and young children is not a "mistake". You are either drunk, an idiot or both if you think that is acceptable public behavior in front of women and children.

If someone on my team makes a mistake I will take full responsibility.......you do every time you let someone else watch over what goes in the box, you get that score or DQ weather or not you would have done the same. That's why there is a HEAD cook.

I am a pharmacist........I live by these rules every day. I could do everything right and have an untrained kid at the register give out the wrong bag to someone with a drug that hurts or god forbid kills them. Guess who the pharmacy board, the lawyers and corporate are gonna want to talk to. You think they are going to care if it was because some 17 year old kid grabbed the wrong bag?? NOPE!!!!! I am in charge so EVERY aspect of that pharmacy is my responsibility good-bad-right or wrong.

It's called being an adult............besides that I don't have to worry about anyone on my team EVER doing something so stupid because I simply don't associate with people like that.

Makes life more fun :smile:

An error in judgement is a mistake. Not everyone walks the black and white line you do.

Peace out.

Not trying to pile on you dude. Just no tolerance for your teammates kind of behavior in public.

Sucks that you are paying the price for his actions and the cheating KCBS guy is back on the circuit. Equally appalling behavior IMO.

He started the thread...........don't blame the people who are just speaking honestly and not being cheerleaders just because he's a fellow cook.

We're all grown ups.../QUOTE]

He also asked specifically that this thread not turn into another thread about what happened last year, and as an adult you should respect that, since we're all grown ups.

He started the thread saying he knows he's sticking his hand in the snake pit with this one...........and ends it with a sarcastic jab at the entire process we all love competing in. I can understand from his perspective how he wouldn't want anything but cheer leading for his opinion but not everyone agrees.

I don't think I have said anything disrespectful or in poor taste. Sorry if anyone was offended by the opinions I voiced.

To those who say that I should ask for reinstatement, I respectfully suggest that you are missing my point.

The previous board fired this rep and put it in the notes that he could apply in one year. Heck they practically encouraged him to do so. Then they turned around and banned me for three years. They had multiple opportunities to reduce the punishment against me, and decided not to.

The current board had the opportunity to reduce the punishment against me in March and decided not to. I believe the suggestion was to reduce it to one year. At the first opportunity, the same board decided that the rep fired due to cheating could come back after only one year.

Two seperate KCBS Boards of Directors have stated through words and actions that punishment for an innappropriate apron should be harsher than for cheating. You are the people who have to live with those statements.

Here is a quote of some text that was added to the QuickNotes from when this rep was fired:

"After reading the Quick Notes and after e-mail discussion, the board would like to add the following statement as an addendum:

'While discussed in executive session, it was not stated in the statement of results after deliberations on the North Platte matter that the board discussed long and hard the disposition of the reps in question. Due to loss of cook team trust as evidenced by many e-mails to the board, collectively and individually, it was determined that termination was the best course of action. Because CBJ Instructors are held to a higher standard as instructors of the KCBS rules, the CBJ Instructor was terminated as well. The board further states that the reps' service in the past is acknowledged and appreciated by KCBS. After one year, both former contest reps may reapply to be reps in training upon approval by the board as constituted in 2013.'"

dmp

He started the thread saying he knows he's sticking his hand in the snake pit with this one...........and ends it with a sarcastic jab at the entire process we all love competing in. I can understand from his perspective how he wouldn't want anything but cheer leading for his opinion but not everyone agrees.

I don't think I have said anything disrespectful or in poor taste. Sorry if anyone was offended by the opinions I voiced.

The trick is knowing when to quit.

Kindly move along. You're not only past being offensive and assisting in keeping this post off topic, but you are also being severely Un-Brethrenly.

Please, take it somewhere else.

Best of luck in your future comps.

Name of the Rep? I'd like to avoid contests that they rep.

According to the BOD quick notes, the Rep reinstated as a Rep Trainee was Sonny Ashford. Now I have no personal knowledge of the Rep caught cheating, but me thinks there could be a connection here. I'm no detective but I did drive past a Holiday Inn Express last night.

regarding the "score fixing" or cheating of a contest rep, if they are found to have cheated they should be banned for LIFE!! How can the KCBS turn a blind eye to this, just flat out wrong. A competitor and friend of mine describes bbq as a gentlemen's sport. That rep just took that away from everyone else whom has ever competed in a contest that they were a rep at.

It kills me that there's 4 pages to this thread and nobody has the cajones to name the person.

This forum is indexed by Google, and I'm sure by others. When you write something here, you should be sure of the effects of your actions. I am and have tested it with myself and am concious of if.

More importantly, my goal was not to call out this rep. It was to point out the actions of a voting majority on the BOD. It was to ensure that you all know the position of the brand and product you think is so important. What does it stand for now? You may not get the scores that you earned at a competition, but at least you won't see anything that offends you at awards! What would have happened if this had been an Sam's Club event you think?

dmp

The apron incident was a lapse in judgement. Cheating or score fixing is a premeditated malicious act that deserves a lifetime ban. At the least, the KCBS members should be the ones to decide if that person is re-admitted as a rep.

Saying the rep cheated is like saying someone wore an apron, there is much more i'm sure to each of those stories.

I know the details of the apron, what is it the rep did exactly?

The Rep in question is Sonny Ashford.

It kills me that there's 4 pages to this thread and nobody has the cajones to name the person.

Thank You. I'm not looking for dirt or rumors, just wanted to know the publicly available information on this issue.

I'm guessing KCBS had some kind of audit that identified the issue, if there is a silver lining at least they spotted the issue.

Back