Kan't let Dom have all the fun!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
So impressed with Lunchy dudes's kettle fried wings, I got a bag of potato starch to try it. That stuff feels real fine gritty when dredging.
Got a tray of Wally whole wings, nipped the tips split the web and stuck 'em in the fridge for 8 hrs. gave a good drying.

Out of the fridge, lets get crackin.

Gathered supplies, Lawerys (I was first to use it!), course black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika.
Everybody in the pool, shake it up!

There was a LOT of seasoning in the tater starch but after battering the wings I could hardly see any attached to the wings, so re-seasoned them.

Performer ready, hot center, apple chunks above. Cooked covered for 30-40 minutes. Sprayed with butter Pam, flipped, sprayed, cover another 20 min or so.

Looking acceptable, low 200's*

Had some several hours old from picking, first run Iowa sweet corn. Most excellent!

Couldn't eat the last one (7 others left), but I will tonight!

Went out fishing this morning, anxious to try deep fried tater starch on krappies and Walleye!
Ed

Totally and insanely delicious looking meal! But on the wings... only one flip?:laugh:

It most definitely depends on steak thickness, and grill temp. But as the wise Tootsie Roll owl says, "one, two, three,---three"
Ed

Good.
Ed.:-D

Wings look good, but I'm more interested in the fishing story and hopefully the taste test. Love Crappie and Walleye.

Thanks,

Robert

Back