Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Kansas Winter Q, Great Bend, KS - Feb 11 & 12, 2011

Updated for Friday - 31/11 Partly Cloudy
Saturday - 35/10 Sunny

Come on heat wave..............

Updated for Friday - 31/11 Partly Cloudy
Saturday - 35/10 Sunny

Come on heat wave..............

Knowing that we are talking about Great Bend. The wind chill could make it a lot, lot worse. That summer contest was 30-40 mph winds. :pray:

Sure will be nice that we have "inside" coverage should the weather turn bad. I guess I just won't be filling my trailer water tank if it's going to be below freezing. :-D

I'm bringing a tent and the FEC-500. Leaving the trailer snowed in where it is at. I may sleep inside, but I'm pitching a tent outside next to the cooker.

Todd's pitching a tent.... pass it on.

I'll be rocking the barebones camp with CKSS! Looking forward to hangin out with Brian, Mike, and and I think Matt and Jaime too!

Thanks Doug,

I am sure I will forget something--This will be the first time I've/We've competed in nearly a year. Luckily Andy will be there with his horse whip to make sure we stay on task. I always enjoy having the other "Cooks" around, and talking BBQ--it's what's right with the world.

Clark

Friday - 45 / 22, plenty of sunshine winds around 13 gusting to 23
Saturday - 50 / 26 mostly sunny winds around 17 gusting to 37.

I know our ez up won't see the light of day this weekend

Not sure what it's like out in Ks, but we are getting snow here in Springfield. Had to use the 4 wheel drive to get the Kooker out of the back yard yesterday when it wasn't snowing so the extra isn't helping.

Gusting to 37 out in Great Bend should make it interesting, maybe I will brink a Kite --

The contest is still a go as scheduled!

We had quite a bit of snow and wind, but the highways are mostly clear except where a windbreak caused some drifting. The cooking area is concrete, Kent is working right now on getting the snow cleared. The weather forcast for the next few days is:

Tomorrow: Partly cloudy. Cold. High around 30F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Clear skies. Low 12F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Plenty of sun. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 20s.
Saturday: A few clouds. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

I hope everyone that entered will still come, but be safe.

Back