Kamado grills

Primo Oval XL- 21 large chicken thighs. With elevated grate accessory could have doubled. Maybe 4 lbs charcoal. Tender meat- Crispy skin

Last edited:
I have only used my dad-in-laws BGE. I liked it! If I could get one at one of the BGE contests where they sell them $400 or more off the price after they use them, I would. However, lots of peeps on here like Primo over BGE. I think you would benefit going with either one of those.

I've had a Bubba Keg for 7 years now and it's my go to grill for most things. I grill with it, smoke with it, hell I even just stare at it. I have the Pitmaster IQ110 and adapter for it for my low and slow cooks. It does it all. My kid has knocked it over and it didn't even get a scratch.

Thanks for th info. I have to make up my mind. Price is a factor so I need to decide between the KJ and Vision grill

If you have the money go with KJ, unless you find a deal on a Vision. I got my Vision at BJ's last month. They put last year's model on clearance. I like the cooker and I've made some good food on it already. That said, I would not have paid full price for it.

Looks like there is one an hr away. I may take a ride there on a Saturday

On a Saturday? Or on Saturday? Keep in mind they are at whatever store for only a week & a half. Next month, it'll be at a different store.

If you have the money go with KJ, unless you find a deal on a Vision. I got my Vision at BJ's last month. They put last year's model on clearance. I like the cooker and I've made some good food on it already. That said, I would not have paid full price for it.
Which model did u get

I've got the Vision Pro S from Home Depot. Mine has worked flawlessly going on 4 years now. I know some people had leaks with the pullout ashtray but mine has been perfect from day one. Their customer services is top notch should you come across any issues. How I got my start with this crazy bbq hobby. :becky:

I've got the Vision Pro S from Home Depot. Mine has worked flawlessly going on 4 years now. I know some people had leaks with the pullout ashtray but mine has been perfect from day one. Their customer services is top notch should you come across any issues. How I got my start with this crazy bbq hobby. :becky:

True Value has the Pro C model which has a fine tuning control on the top vent and a bundle package with the deflector and starter for 799.00 . As you can see I'm searching around and going nuts. The S and c model are a little different with the vent controls that are on bottom where as the classic line at BJ's looks like all the other grills like the BGE ,KJoe etc...

BJ's has that gor 599.00 right now and it is tempting

I paid $399

It looks like these BJ's have them in stock for $399

Jersey City, NJ
396 Luis Munoz Marin Blvd.
Jersey City, NJ 07302
201-798-0500

Brooklyn, NY
339 Gateway Dr.
Brooklyn, NY 11239
718-942-2090 Details & Directions

Mon. - Sat.: 9 AM - 10 PM
Sun.: 9 AM - 8 PM

in_stock.png
In-Stock
u250.png
Reserve Available
miles

u257.png
Middle Village, Queens, NY
66-26 Metropolitan Ave.
Middle Village, NY 11379
718-326-9080 Details & Directions

in_stock.png
In-Stock
u250.png
Reserve Availablehttp://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

True Value has the Pro C model which has a fine tuning control on the top vent and a bundle package with the deflector and starter for 799.00 . As you can see I'm searching around and going nuts. The S and c model are a little different with the vent controls that are on bottom where as the classic line at BJ's looks like all the other grills like the BGE ,KJoe etc...

Yep, the controls are different but essentially it's the same thing. As for fine tuning, I'm able to maintain temps as low as 160* for hours on mine when I smoke home bacon, sausage etc.

As far as I know the only difference between the C and S are aside from the controls and shape of the ash pans is that the C also includes the deflector stone.

I liked mine so much that I bought my brother the Classic B as a bday gift from Costco for $399 when they were closing out. I wouldn't sleep on the Classic B's like snap says. At $399 I'd do it in a heartbeat since I've got experience with both.

Ok so here's the extras you get for $799 as opposed to Home Depot. I've actually seen True Value knock off $100 sometimes when they put it on sale. That's the HD price plus extras.

a dual purpose 100% Natural Lava Cooking Stone / Heat Deflector (great for fish, pizza, veggies) & Electric Charcoal Starter.

I paid $399

It looks like these BJ's have them in stock for $399

Jersey City, NJ
396 Luis Munoz Marin Blvd.
Jersey City, NJ 07302
201-798-0500

Brooklyn, NY
339 Gateway Dr.
Brooklyn, NY 11239
718-942-2090 Details & Directions

in_stock.png
In-Stock
u250.png
Reserve Available
miles

u257.png
Middle Village, Queens, NY
66-26 Metropolitan Ave.
Middle Village, NY 11379
718-326-9080 Details & Directions

in_stock.png
In-Stock
u250.png
Reserve Availablehttp://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I didnt see that earlier. I only saw the 399 price. Now I am sold. Going Thursday to get one

For what it's worth Primo is made in the good ole US of A in Norcross Ga. ( the only one made in the us ) with the exception of the Keg ( not sure where it's made )
Also the oval design makes it a very versital "do it all" cooker

Outstanding. If you get one for $399 it sounds like you'll have some money left over for accessories. That's when this gets really fun! There are a lot of options for this size vision.

Back