THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
There's a Cooked with Booze Throwdown ending soon so I combined a couple of recipes and applied it to butterflied chicken drumsticks.

Made some bbq sauce with the following ingredients including some "caribbean inspired" rum:

VB4zXhe.jpg

rx45lok.jpg

I saw folks have been grilling butterflied chicken drumsticks so I decided to give it a try. Marinated the legs in some rum & coke for a couple of hours.

yDqDOi5.jpg

Applied some Jah Love and some Genie's Trinity rub before they went onto the XL Egg:

ZBTltc2.jpg

Brushed on some of the sauce towards the end of the cook:

yruotbw.jpg

and served:

45gbAlc.jpg

It did not suck. :grin: I'm going to have to do side by side cook with regular drumsticks and butterflied drums to determine if I will make it a regular cook. Chicken did cook faster.

Wow! Been dying to make some jerk chicken or similar. This looks amazing!

That is a great looking cook! I've never heard of butterflied chicken legs, but it's just a great part of the bird in a slightly different form.

Back