THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really happy with the Cosori

2 lb 3 oz of meat
15 oz of jerky

5.5 hours in the Cosori
I decided to order this after reading this thread and the reviews on it. I'm glad you are happy with it. Mine should be here Friday!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I decided to order this after reading this thread and the reviews on it. I'm glad you are happy with it. Mine should be here Friday!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I really like it.
The metal trays are the best.

I can chill, cold smoke, dehydrate all on the same tray.

If you're looking for an inexpensive dehydrator you can check Craigslist/Marketplace. People don't use them often enough to keep them around and sometimes let them go for cheap. It's worth a look. You might be able to find a nice one for cheap.

Unit arrived last night just in time for the "break-in" and loading of some jerky. The Cosori is a fantastic machine. I couldn't believe how fast it made the jerky to the point of over drying. I admit the meat was (pre-sliced) too thin but I couldn't make myself believe it was done and let it go an extra hour plus. Still, the meat was edible if only tough. Trial run of banana chips are going now and this weekend it'll be redemption time for jerky.

I don't believe you'd be disappointed with this unit. Another B.I.P. - Brethren Inspired Purchase!!!!!!!!

Mine is on schedule for delivery tomorrow. I took meat out of the freezer yesterday to defrost and will get it into a marinade tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll have jerky on Saturday!

Unit arrived last night just in time for the "break-in" and loading of some jerky. The Cosori is a fantastic machine. I couldn't believe how fast it made the jerky to the point of over drying. I admit the meat was (pre-sliced) too thin but I couldn't make myself believe it was done and let it go an extra hour plus. Still, the meat was edible if only tough. Trial run of banana chips are going now and this weekend it'll be redemption time for jerky.

I don't believe you'd be disappointed with this unit. Another B.I.P. - Brethren Inspired Purchase!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it.
What took 13-14 hrs on my old plastic circle dehydrator now takes 6.

BTW, I cut at 5 mm.

Good luck.

I couldn't believe it.
What took 13-14 hrs on my old plastic circle dehydrator now takes 6.

BTW, I cut at 5 mm.

Good luck.

Did your old plastic circle dehydrator have a fan?

That's the only reason other than a crappy heating element and or thermostat in your old one that would give you more than double the time to dehydrate.

I've never had to dehydrate more than 6 hours on my Nesco Snackmaster circular plastic machine with 6 trays at 165.

Hand sliced, not that skinny-skinny beef.

Did your old plastic circle dehydrator have a fan?

That's the only reason other than a crappy heating element and or thermostat in your old one that would give you more than double the time to dehydrate.

I've never had to dehydrate more than 6 hours on my Nesco Snackmaster circular plastic machine with 6 trays at 165.

Hand sliced, not that skinny-skinny beef.

It did.
But it was not only a ****ty Cuisinart or other crap, it was 25+ years old.
I don't think it had a heating element - it may have had something that warmed, but there was no temperature control.

It did.
But it was not only a ****ty Cuisinart or other crap, it was 25+ years old.
I don't think it had a heating element - it may have had something that warmed, but there was no temperature control.

Ditto to my previous experience. There was "warmth" but little heat. Gawd how I hated rotating those trays. :frusty:

Another plus for the Cosori is cleanup on the racks. So much easier than those plastic ones. I do wish Cosori would include a small plastic tub about 1-2 inches deep and sized for the racks. That would make soaking them so much easier. I'm on the hunt for some sort of storage container (Sterilite?) later today.

Ditto to my previous experience. There was "warmth" but little heat. Gawd how I hated rotating those trays. :frusty:

Another plus for the Cosori is cleanup on the racks. So much easier than those plastic ones. I do wish Cosori would include a small plastic tub about 1-2 inches deep and sized for the racks. That would make soaking them so much easier. I'm on the hunt for some sort of storage container (Sterilite?) later today.

The other thing that has me baffled about those racks is that although the dehydrator is set at 165°, I can handle the trays bared-handed. They are warm, but not 165° warm. Not sure how they do it, but it is nice.

Back