Is the chance of freezer burn reduced when meat is Vac Packed?

Chamber-Vac; moisture proof. I got a vacmaster vp112 from their outlet store on the website; said it was new with slight blemishes but when it arrived there wasn't a single blemish. I've been prepping taco meat for a party my family is having this weekend; two briskets one weekend and two pork shoulders the next and I was able to go from wrapped in foil in cooler to vac bag to freezer one step after the other. The smell that came out of the vac machine was something else. Sealed fine though. Going to thaw them in fridge tomorrow and then reheat via sous-vide before throwing them on a griddle with spices to finish.

The crazy thing about a vac sealer is all the other stuff you use it for that you never thought of. My wife sealed up all the baby clothes our little guy grew out of under a light vac before we stored them. It's also great for keeping coffee fresh.

Just make sure you put in the freezer overnight, then vacuum seal it. My sister runs a catering outfit and she smokes a bunch of briskets, to 165f, the freezes them overnight. Next day vacuum seals them. She thaws them in the fridge and finishes them in the oven, or smoker as needed. I can't tell the differece, she had a 2 y/o brisket she lost, and we found! We thawed it and finished on her offset, it was just like fresh.

I wouldn't be without my Foodsaver! Found some boneless pork ribs in the freezer that were over 2 years old AND THEY CAME OUT GREAT! I like hearing about other things to vac-seal like spices. Any other suggestions? :thumb:

Back