THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(1st Post)

Academy removed this item from their site last week but today it is back up.

None of the stores are showing stock yet, maybe they are in the warehouse though

Made me an ash pan with an ignitor shelf which is just right above the wood chunks in the first picture. So now the next time I BBQ all I have to do is add a couple of my tumbleweeds and light my leftover charcoal from below.

Attachments

• 20200606_113814.jpg
    20200606_113814.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 411
  • 20200606_121110.jpg
    20200606_121110.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 405

Coming Soon to A Store Near You or Not Not so Near You - Drive Your Arse to Academy, Lay down the Greenbacks, get 3 Academy Ladies to Help you flip it into the back of your truck, and head Home............... EASY

fMpfhz2l.jpg

8ZeCF3Fl.jpg

So Easy A Woman Could Do It..............

:shock:

Last edited:
How long will the batteries hold on the PartyQ? Does the fan has enough power to maintain 250 to 300?

I got the PartyQ because it was cheap and that little booger ate through batteries pretty quick. Had it die once during a cook so I always tried to make sure fresh batteries were in it. I have Signals with Billows now and it is much better. I would consider other options before the PartyQ.

I got one about a month ago and have cooked on it a bunch. I have to say that for the price, it's better than I would have ever thought. I absolutely love it, though getting it up to temp can take a while. I broke down and got a DigiQ to get it up to temp and then I take it off and add wood to the firebox for smoke. It's going to make for a great summer for sure.

Free Tip : Don’t leave a Gravity Fed in your driveway for 2 months with a 1/2 full chute of charcoal - PITA to light and stay lit even with a weed burner - like 2 hours worth off n on - cuz you couldn’t get the fire grate to pull out. Pulled out Real Easy when New.......

Anyone hearing any news on the old gravity yet? Trying to hold off but getting hard. Want a new smoker.

Anyone hearing any news on the old gravity yet? Trying to hold off but getting hard. Want a new smoker.

Spoke with someone last week and I was told that the supply chain ran into some additional problems and that they just started the line up again. They are not sure how many units they will be sending out right now, but it is still a little way out. No hard date as of yet, but there is a glimmer now.

Back