THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We may have to road trip when back in stock! This unit appears to be a great deal. Also considering a LSG peewee or mini. Still weighing the differences between gravity fed (no water pan) vs IVC (with water pan) and how much hassle/benefit to water pans.

GBR!

I’ve been keeping a daily eye on stock. I’m not sure how many stores Academy has but hopefully they get enough stock to send at least 2-3 per store.

I’ve been keeping a daily eye on stock. I’m not sure how many stores Academy has but hopefully they get enough stock to send at least 2-3 per store.
250 stores...500-750 cookers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

250 stores...500-750 cookers.

Ouch. Never mind that idea. Didn’t realize they have that many stores. Even if they only do one per store on the next shipment that is only about just over a third of the stores will get one.

Ouch. Never mind that idea. Didn’t realize they have that many stores. Even if they only do one per store on the next shipment that is only about just over a third of the stores will get one.

Maybe Smitty can have his connections send plenty to the Kansas City area stores!

Maybe Smitty can have his connections send plenty to the Kansas City area stores!

Old Country sends them by the truckload to Academy Distribution Center - After that it's on Academy......... I was told 80 units on this Next order - somebody else said they were told 100..........

Can someone provide the exact dimensions of the fuel chute?

Next week I have an opportunity to build an ash pan ahead of Buying an OC GF Smoker in June.
Thx!

Can someone provide the exact dimensions of the fuel chute?

Next week I have an opportunity to build an ash pan ahead of Buying an OC GF Smoker in June.
Thx!

I don’t have exact measurements but thought I seen somewhere it’s about the size of a square brownie pan with the handles cut off. Would need to try and find it again. Will be interesting to see how fast the second shipment goes. There seems to be more interest from what I can tell overall now that they have been out for a little bit and have sat unavailable at most places for an extended period of time.

Is it worth it ? Convince me is it better than your old cooker ?

To me this smoker is in the mix because of the great pricing at $1299 and is the size I'm wanting. There are some YouTube videos showing the smoker in action and the guy doing these is quite impressed with the smoker.

As Smitty has stated this is a B/B+ level smoker at an incredible price. If Academy re-stocks these in the KC area it will be a quick 3 hour drive to pick one up--further saving on shipping costs of others. The others I'm considering will have a cost in excess of $3000-$4000. So definitely considering a slightly lower quality unit for half the price!

Being from New Hampshire I’m not fortunate enough to have an Academy locally. So one available I may be in for a road trip if the shipping is to expensive.

Smitty... I'm disappointed in you. [emoji1787]

I’ll measure tomorrow, was thinking the dude who made an ash pan and Put on trailer and posted in Wrong thread (Protype thread) would answer.............guess he’d had to of asked in the wrong thread.........

Last edited:
I have a brisket video I’m posting today with mine. It has its quirks. It doesn’t like kingsford blue and there’s a pinhole somewhere allowing grease to drip down out of the chamber and down the back right leg. I’ll be talking about all that.

Attachments

Back