THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
David
Weather sucks today. 36 degrees with a snow/sleet wintery mix. Seems like a good day to make chili, not my usual totally from scratch 9 pepper chili, but a basic 3 pepper chili (Ancho, Pasilla, and Chipotle) w/ ground beef and dices stew meat.

I go to the store. 85/15 ground meat on sale $4.49/lb. Stew meat on sale $4.99/lb. I get some onion, bell pepper, garlic, and fire-roasted tomatoes.

The kids like cheese and Fritos Scoops with theirs. Grated cheese was $1.99 for 8 oz ($4.00/lb), but Jesus Palominos! a 9 oz bag of Scoops was $5.89!!!! That is nearly $10.50/lb. For. Frickin'. Corn. Chips!!!

I assure you they will eat every last chip.

/rant

David, I work for Frito Lay and I can't argue with you. There was a big price increase last April and it averaged around 80 cents per bag, and I learned at the beginning of the year that another was coming, that's two price increases in less than a year! The salespeople don't like it because it hurts our overall sales when everyone has to decide which overpriced grocery items are a necessity and which are optional, and that affects our pay. I don't know how far it will go, but even I shake my head in disbelief.

Hey ronbrad62,

No anger or spite towards you. Prices are nuts everywhere. Pre-covid, the local Giant used to sell 12 packs of Coke 5/$10 on sale. This week they were 2/$20. My coffee has gone from $3.49 to $8.99.

I want Bob Barker back.

David

Back