Inflation is a female dog

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
David
Weather sucks today. 36 degrees with a snow/sleet wintery mix. Seems like a good day to make chili, not my usual totally from scratch 9 pepper chili, but a basic 3 pepper chili (Ancho, Pasilla, and Chipotle) w/ ground beef and dices stew meat.

I go to the store. 85/15 ground meat on sale $4.49/lb. Stew meat on sale $4.99/lb. I get some onion, bell pepper, garlic, and fire-roasted tomatoes.

The kids like cheese and Fritos Scoops with theirs. Grated cheese was $1.99 for 8 oz ($4.00/lb), but Jesus Palominos! a 9 oz bag of Scoops was $5.89!!!! That is nearly $10.50/lb. For. Frickin'. Corn. Chips!!!

I assure you they will eat every last chip.

/rant

David, I work for Frito Lay and I can't argue with you. There was a big price increase last April and it averaged around 80 cents per bag, and I learned at the beginning of the year that another was coming, that's two price increases in less than a year! The salespeople don't like it because it hurts our overall sales when everyone has to decide which overpriced grocery items are a necessity and which are optional, and that affects our pay. I don't know how far it will go, but even I shake my head in disbelief.

Hey ronbrad62,

No anger or spite towards you. Prices are nuts everywhere. Pre-covid, the local Giant used to sell 12 packs of Coke 5/$10 on sale. This week they were 2/$20. My coffee has gone from $3.49 to $8.99.

I want Bob Barker back.

David

Back