In N Out Double Double Animal Stye BUT.. homemade (pron)

Looks great! I haven't been to an in and out since they came to Texas. Pretty hard to when we have whataburger:-D
Next time I go to a non-whata burger state I'll be sure to try it. Forget that secret menu ordering baloney though... If that's an actual thing.

The official burger of Texas! Between Whataburger and some great TEX MEX, I really do miss the Lone Star State. There is a Whataburger just north of Birmingham Alabama off of I-65, but still a ways to go for a burger. But anytime I am in the area, it is a must trip out to it for lunch. Makes me home :sick:

Blessings,

Omar

Tacos, Whataburger, BBQ, and doves/deer in the fall is why I won't be gone long from this state. The last time I came back from Georgia & SC, first stop was Whataburger.

But I'll try the I & O once at least...

Tacos, Whataburger, BBQ, and doves/deer in the fall is why I won't be gone long from this state. The last time I came back from Georgia & SC, first stop was Whataburger.
But I'll try the I & O once at least...

I would love to try them as my weakness is a good cheeseburger. A lot of my friends rave about them, but when I was in California ( which was a lot of times ) I could not find one that would fit a 70 foot long, 80,000 pound 18 wheeler in or on their driveway! :mmph:

Blessings,

Omar

I've made my 1 pilgrimage to LA and hope I never have to return (no offense LA, just way too frantic for a Minnesota born boy). In N Out Burger may be the only thing to lure me back. It was on my must do list and did not disappoint. I've tried other recipes, but this looks like a winner. On my short list of things to try, thanks

I personally don't see why all the fuss for an InOut burger. Had them twice, not a fan. Maybe you need to be drunk to appreciate them.

In-n-Out is the first place I hit when I go to San Francisco. Thanks for the sauce recipe and the tip on grilling with mustard!

Nicely done! I miss In N Out terribly from my time in California. Looks spot on. I'm with you on the fries too- they're great when they're hot but meh when not. I order them well done.

Wow, I miss growing up in So. Cal, and hanging out at In-N-out burger on Friday nights!!
and the bumper stickers "in-N-out urge"

I'm from North Carolina so I had never heard of an In-N-Out Animal Style but I saw this post on Serious Eats featuring them several years ago and have been making them ever since: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives...e-an-in-n-out-double-double-animal-style.html

On your caramelized onions, the Serious Eats recipe says they need to cook at least 15 minutes to reach the nice sweet onion reduction, but I have found I end up cooking them 30-45 minutes most times. Did you have to cook yours forever on low heat to reach the right texture or were you able to run them hotter and get it done more quickly?

I'm from North Carolina so I had never heard of an In-N-Out Animal Style but I saw this post on Serious Eats featuring them several years ago and have been making them ever since: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives...e-an-in-n-out-double-double-animal-style.html

On your caramelized onions, the Serious Eats recipe says they need to cook at least 15 minutes to reach the nice sweet onion reduction, but I have found I end up cooking them 30-45 minutes most times. Did you have to cook yours forever on low heat to reach the right texture or were you able to run them hotter and get it done more quickly?

Yup! I cooked mine longer. Very low heat and the onions cooked for over an hour. It was like onion low and slow. I also saw a video on Youtube where she cooked the onions for about an hour she said. It truly does make the difference.

Thanks!

Ouch 12miles. Im spoiled as there is one down the street from me less than a mile lol.

The spread or secret sauce is just mayo, ketchup, sweet relish, vinegar, paprika and a pinch of sugar. I did it all by taste until I got it right and it was spot on.

Ill guesstimate here:

5-6 TBSP mayo
2 1/2 - 3 TSP ketchup
3-4 TSP relish
1 TSP vinegar
1/3 TSP sugar
3/4 TSP Paprika

Mix it all together and taste test to adjust it. Chill for 1/2 hr or longer.

SSV, If I had an In-N-Out less than a mile away, I'd have to up my chloresterol meds dramatically!!! Thank you for the recipe. I will do this one for my next party!!!

SSV, If I had an In-N-Out less than a mile away, I'd have to up my chloresterol meds dramatically!!! Thank you for the recipe. I will do this one for my next party!!!

You're welcome bud.

Lol, I guess what keeps me away from there are the farking long line of cars in wait but then again there two by my work so I make up for it ay work.:mrgreen:

Back