THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Peeps!

Aw crap. Not that guy... The TD's are ruined. Ruined I tell ya...

No better man for the job...

Congrats

Peeps! Remember that consistency is the key. It's inevitable that toes will get stepped on at some point, but that's part of the job.

By the way, new guy gets the Moderator Latrine Duty or doodie. I bet you weren't expecting those kind of perks were you? :twisted::shock:

Thanks for volunteering and stepping up. We greatly appreciate the help! And, there's a log jam in the latrine! :clap: The castle's plumbing ain't what it used to be.

Go forth and bravely Moderate!!!
Bob

Peeps! Remember that consistency is the key. It's inevitable that toes will get stepped on at some point, but that's part of the job.

By the way, new guy gets the Moderator Latrine Duty or doodie. I bet you weren't expecting those kind of perks were you? :twisted::shock:

Thanks for volunteering and stepping up. We greatly appreciate the help! And, there's a log jam in the latrine! :clap: The castle's plumbing ain't what it used to be.

Go forth and bravely Moderate!!!
Bob
Are you kidding? We had servants growing up in my REAL castle, so I never got the honor of cleaning the latrine! I would ask sometimes but I quickly learned that resulted in lashes from the lead servant since that might mean they had one less servant earning servant wages to win money from in the gambling ring they ran in the cellars. I never told my parents about the lashes because they told me they would stop sending toothless Francine to my quarters each night in hopes for a royal bastard to boost their standing in society.

Now I finally get my chance to live the latrine dream!!!!

Gore? Is that you? Moose sent me, let me in. I rang the door bell...
1280px-Hairy_and_curious_bull.jpg

Don't make me ring twice...

Congrats peeps. glad you are aboard to help out the brethren and the TD's. Although I think the TD's need a little re-finement.

Grimm,

If you have suggestions or ideas regarding the TD's, feel free to open a new thread so we can all discuss. We're always open to a constructive discussion about how we might improve things around here. :thumb:

I have a suggestion.

I think I should win more often, and to that end, I believe I should be given a 10 vote handicap in every Throwdown. I was really disappointed that I didn't win those steaks (I mean sure, I didn't bother to enter any of the Throwdowns they were offered as a prize, like that should matter)

On edit: 10 is probably not enough, let's make it 25, that way it matched my golf handicap

I have a suggestion.

I think I should win more often, and to that end, I believe I should be given a 10 vote handicap in every Throwdown. I was really disappointed that I didn't win those steaks (I mean sure, I didn't bother to enter any of the Throwdowns they were offered as a prize, like that should matter)

On edit: 10 is probably not enough, let's make it 25, that way it matched my golf handicap

Sure, Bob, we'll get right on that! :thumb:

:loco:

I have a suggestion.

There are still a months worth of TDs to enter for a chance to win the steaks...

Tell you what. To be fair, we will randomly, yet all inclusively, give a vote handicap between 10 and 10 to all, a random subset, and none of the entries.

There are still a months worth of TDs to enter for a chance to win the steaks...

Tell you what. To be fair, we will randomly, yet all inclusively, give a vote handicap between 10 and 10 to all, a random subset, and none of the entries.
Now that you are a Mod, I am sure you can go back and see the number of these I have entered, and how often I have won, or even been close.

You will realize I have no chance of winning those steaks even if I do enter. In fact, my chances of getting those steaks is not greatly increased by entering :tsk:

Now that you are a Mod, I am sure you can go back and see the number of these I have entered, and how often I have won, or even been close.

You will realize I have no chance of winning those steaks even if I do enter. In fact, my chances of getting those steaks is not greatly increased by entering :tsk:
Maybe you just have bad timing, Bob...there is no reason a post like this would not have been a contender.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170079

Almost exactly a year later, those briskets are still seared in my mind!!!!

Your other cooks that you post are wonderful as well...

I'm getting the feeling you really want those steaks...

:biggrin1:

No, if I really REALLY wanted them, I would call up my restaurant supplier in the City and get some. I really like to whine :becky:

That brisket cook occurred, on a week that the TD was something like "show us your butt".

Back