THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I tried some 1 year old cryo-packed chicken from costco. Looked fine, but even alfredo couldn't cover the terrible taste of the chicken. Maybe if it was flash frozen and in a deep freeze... but a standard freezer, I'd pass on the eating.

i don't know if that is saying much. i get the impression you would cook a possum.:loco:

I cooked a possum once. Took one bite and threw the carcass in the backyard, for the dog. He lifted his leg on it and walked away......thought maybe I might die!

I'd probably cook it- I have standards but they are fairly low. "Best by" and "use by" are merely suggestions.
I would thaw it- if it stinks pitch it

(neighbor's trash bin - not putting that in mine) j/k- I'd stick it back in the freezer until trash day.

Mmm possum!

There's two things that will stick with you...
Good possum,......and bad possum

i don't know if that is saying much. i get the impression you would cook a possum.:loco:

Geez! Just when you think you know people around here they make crazy accusations about my lack of judgement.................:mad2: I have some dignity and taste!! Some lines shouldn't be crossed regardless of how many Steele Reserves have been drank. I hope you feel bad for what you posted :evil:

That being said............
X5eqolGl.jpg

Geez! Just when you think you know people around here they make crazy accusations about my lack of judgement.................:mad2: I have some dignity and taste!! Some lines shouldn't be crossed regardless of how many Steele Reserves have been drank. I hope you feel bad for what you posted :evil:

That being said............
X5eqolGl.jpg
Good, they taste better after being fed a balance diet for a few days.

Jason, I truly apologize. I had no idea you were so sensitive. :heh: when's the possum cook happening?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

As long as its not badly freezer burnt i would eat it regardless if the cryovac bag got a tear in it which most likely was because you had it buried under a bunch of other frozen meat. If it was fozen solid the whole time it cant go bad, atleast make you sick bad, if freezer burnt then maybe taste bad but thats about it.

Back