.....I'll go to Texas!

QN

is one Smokin' Farker
Trip planning in progress. Heading to the bash on April 9. Planning to stay at a Hampton Inn around Denton. Anything good around Denton to check out?
Sunday after bash heading to Abilene to go to Perini Ranch steakhouse and then up to Amarillo to check out Palo Duro Canyon for a day. Anything else to see/eat in Amarillo? From there heading west to Albuquerque and possible up to Santa Fe. Any recommendations/suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Hope to see some of you at the bash.

I don’t go to Denton much anymore due to traffic and distance since we moved.

There is a Duluth Trading there if you like those clothes.

See ya at the bash!

From the Denton Hampton Inn, 407 BBQ is about 12 miles south and worth the trip.

Rooster's Roadhouse in Denton was always a good time, but it's been a few years since I've been there. Never cared for their BBQ, but the smoked garlic jalapeño bacon cheddar burger was pretty righteous. Sloppy joe was always good. Cowboy slaw was a darn good side, too.

Hopefully I'll make it to the bash and see y'all there.

Denton makes me think of the Peterbilt plant, and the Buc-ees.

Albuquerque and Santa Fe are nice. We drove the scenic route (found on google as the Turquoise Trail) and stopped in some small town with all sorts of shops for the ladies, and a few good restaurants to eat at.

407 is the closest to Denton these days. If you make it down to Fort Worth it's the best bbq scene in Texas right now. Amarillo has Tyler's BBQ that is pretty good and Rejino is about 45 minutes outside of town in Olton and it's worth the drive.

Here is my video from 407 and I have a DFW play list on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13IG8dUeKJM

• Thanks
Reactions: QN
Back