I need a thermometer...help!

Ok...so i should just return it?....LOL...Just kidding...but maybe not. This is the type of info i needed!

I bought an instant ...well 5 seconds $20 pen from Thermoworks a little over a month ago...so i'll give it a shot of poking/prodding....and i might just return the one i just bought from Amazon which will be here tomorrow......:becky::thumb:

common now, nothing wrong with knowing your grate temp and what your meat is doing. This is just out there to me, if you watch any temp you don't know what you are doing? Common man

common now, nothing wrong with knowing your grate temp and what your meat is doing. This is just out there to me, if you watch any temp you don't know what you are doing? Common man

Exactly! use an instant read to tell you when your steak or Rib Roast is mid rare, or when your chicken is done. Use a 2 probe Maverick (or Smoke) to remotely tell you your chamber temp and if it's close to time to start checking the meat for doneness.

I definitely don't want to imply you should return your thermometer. Knowing cooker temp is often helpful, and for some things, knowing meat temp is important or even critical. Brisket happens to NOT be one of those things. It isn't a difficult cut of meat to cook, simply add heat until tender, but I see many new BBQ guys struggle with brisket because they make it more complex than it is. Without the experience to know what meat jello and probes like warm butter feels like, new guys fall back on tools they are more comfortable with like digital thermometers and stop watches. Save that for making the perfect steak or turkey.

Back