I maaaaay be an addict

RacrX

Full Fledged Farker
Whilst waiting for my CG 980 to arrive, I came across a barely-used Pit Boss pro series for $200…and thought why not? For capacity, you know. [emoji23]

I figure at the very least, I can do a cook-off between the expensive IVS, the pellet, the gravity, and the trusty kettle…so look for that soon.

Nothing like asking a bunch of grill addicts if you’re an addict!

The updated outdoor kitchen/collection:

912a9e802d712f09fee7377101f61391.jpg

22e2a2009c8ca314ba53879cc174cfeb.jpg

c35f8631b40696caa58cd43ce4e3f19e.jpg

ae503ffee5a5124a796bf8dddb599fb6.jpg

You're doing fine... after all, your signature indicates "former gear", whatever that means? :biggrin:

Na, I'd say you're doing fine, but like others have said it's like asking a bunch of alcoholics if you drink too much. Don't think you'll find a lot of dissenting opinions.

I'd be curious to see the cookoff between them all. I think I'd secretly be pulling for that beast of an IVS to win. It looks like it's seen some things :) How old is it?

Na, I'd say you're doing fine, but like others have said it's like asking a bunch of alcoholics if you drink too much. Don't think you'll find a lot of dissenting opinions.

I'd be curious to see the cookoff between them all. I think I'd secretly be pulling for that beast of an IVS to win. It looks like it's seen some things :) How old is it?

It's about 6 years old and has done a LOT of cooks...but still in perfect shape and going strong despite the need for a clean-up!

Coming tomorrow night: The pork rib cook-off. IVS vs. Pellet vs. gravity feed. Any friendly wagers on the winner?

Coming tomorrow night: The pork rib cook-off. IVS vs. Pellet vs. gravity feed. Any friendly wagers on the winner?

This is gonna be fun! Taste being so subjective, it’s anyone’s guess. If your peeps like a nice heavier smoke profile, I think the IVS will pull ahead. If a nice charcoal flavor, I think the gravity fed and if a nice light woodsy flavor I think it’ll go to pellets. I am guessing that the pellet will come out in first place in the moisture category. Could be wrong about it all, but these are my guesses :)

You can’t be an addict without a uds! How can do a rib cook off without ribs hanging in a barrel?? :p

All kidding aside, I’m quite interested in the results of your cook off…

Last edited:
You can’t be an addict without a uds! How can do a rib cook off without ribs hanging in a barrel?? :p

All kidding aside, I’m quite interested in the results of your cook off…

Ha! I’m out of room…

Smokers ready to go, comparo post up tomorrow night:

94e9d368d923fc51c05227c2be45bc6c.jpg

Back