THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigmista said:
Unless your wife is smoking with you, never listen to her advice about it.

Try everything!!
AGREED i never listen to my wife ever and i am not even married!

2 hours left to go! till next fatty
bettter hold off don't want to turn into a fatty

Yep, what Mista said.

Half (or more!) of the fun here is trying new stuff!
Whether it's the meat or its cut, or the rub, mop, spray, injection, or sauce - YOU are in control!

gosh, i never cook less than a half-dozen fatties anymore, cuz if i don't offer them to my entire family, they get pissed when they find out i did a cook and didn't ask em

fatty turned out good added sage and cumin spicey but good next time fatty with chesse

Well, after trying my first fatty yesterday and reading all the posts, I decided I would try something. I was going to make (clean) dirty rice by using breakfast sausage instead of livers and gizzards. Ok all you fellow cajuns, don't shoot me, I'm not supposed to eat organs.

I decided to smoke an unstuffed but rubbed fatty to put into the rice. I'm hoping the smoke flavor and seasonings put some extra flavor in. And of course I am cooking another one for breakfast... woo hoooo!

4AM and "Hottie" (the name of my new pit) is chuggin away!

Back