THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G

ghostrider

i unwrapped it put some pepper and chili powder then smoked it with mesquite wood
for 3 hours turned out great :mad: why did i cook one? should have cooked 2

ghostrider said:
i unwrapped it put some pepper and chili powder then smoked it with mesquite wood

Congrats!!!!!!!! Cook more next time:biggrin:

ghostrider said:
wha? abts ?

A wonderful treat that you won't be able to live without.......do the search thing.....tons of info to be had!!!:biggrin:

Always have a couple of fatties to put above your Boston Butts while in your smoker. Let the goodness drip down on your butts. Thats good lovin.

ghostrider said:

And so the adventure begins:-D Welcome to our world, lots of good stuff on the horizon with all the great info in this place.

Brauma said:
Let the goodness drip down on your butts. Thats good lovin.
Must resist.... This is Qtalk... Must resist...

Oh fark...

It's just too easy...

Brauma likes goodness dripping on his butt! Pass it on!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats on busting your fatty cherry, Ghostrider!

FatDad said:
Garlic Flavored !!
Congrats on the fatties Ghostrider
\

"Its the Cats Ass!!"
Ok but seriously.. fatties and ABT are awesome. I allways cook 3-4 different fatties or more and freeze them. they come in handy for alot of things,

I put 4 slices of fatty in a vaccusuck bag and freeze it. Just enough to nuke and put between a couple slices of toast for the ride to work. It ain't classy, but it sure as heck beats an egg mcmuffin.

Glad to hear I am not the only first timer Ghostrider. I had some friends over Saturday night and smoked my first Fatties along with a dozen ABT's. I used butt rub and brown sugar on the fatties. They were awesome. I can't wait to try them in baked beans. I used little smokies and mexican blend cheese in the ABT's with maple bacon. Can't get enough of that goodness, people are clammering for more.

Good weekend for smokin'! I've had 2 days off in the last 7 weeks and I haven't been able to dedicate the time for a long smokes until now. My first fatties also-one spicy stuffed with roasted Jalapeno and provolone cheese and a mild roasted red bell and cheese, a dozen ABT's, 2 7lb butts and 4 cornish game hens. Butts over fatties next time maybe other way around. Broke in the New Braunfels/Silver Smoker w/mods worked great on the hens- used mesquite lump. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one to try fatties for the first time!

This is great!
I got 2 free days between now and the big bird fry on T.G. Can anyone give me some advice as to how to make some of these?
Ingredients?
Temps?
How long?
What to serve them with?

According to my admin/moniker, I know what a fattie is, but I gotta be honest here, I've never done this before.

Please help!!!!!

I'll take pics as usual of course.

fin

According to the N.S.G.F. of A**:

"There is no greater benefit to the health of this nation's youth, the longevity of the lives of our elderly nor no greater key to national security and the well-being of all than the benefit derived from adding a chopped smoked fatty to your morning sausage gravy."

Really...you CAN'T make this kind of stuff up!

Ken

National Sausage Gravy Foundation of America
1 Pork Plaza
Washington D.C.
1-800-BACONFAT

a log sausage cut the package so it stays a log
anyflavor
250 2 hours 350 1 hour
thats what i did i don't know if i did it right

Single Fin Smoker said:
This is great!
I got 2 free days between now and the big bird fry on T.G. Can anyone give me some advice as to how to make some of these?
Ingredients?
Temps?
How long?
What to serve them with?

According to my admin/moniker, I know what a fattie is, but I gotta be honest here, I've never done this before.

Please help!!!!!

I'll take pics as usual of course.

fin

Fin... you aren't going to believe how good fatties are, especially when you consider how easy they are. About the only thing that you can do to fark up a fatty is undercook it!

Fatty 101 - Go buy a few breakfast sausage logs (ya know... the 1 pounders that come wrapped in plastic. Bob Evans, Jimmy Dean, store brand, it really doesn't matter. A lot of us prefer Jummy Dean because they seem to have a better texture, but get whatever you can find.) Get your cooker ready and take the plastic wrapper off of the sausage and stick them in the cooker. When they hit 165 internal temp, take them off and eat them! Try different flavors. Add them to other foods. The Italian flavor is great when crumbled into some spaghetti sauce. The sage variety works great in cornbread stuffing. The regular flavor is great in a batch of beans. Be creative!

Fatty 201 - Roll the fatty in whatever you choose (your favorite rub, brown sugar, crushed crackers, etc. Be creative). Cook as above. Eat.

Fatty 301 - Stuff your fatty. Again, be creative! Here's my favorite stuffed fatty... The Fatty Ronello!

Did you notice a trend here... Be creative! :-D

Back