I Can't Recommend MEATER Block

I was thinking the same thing. The wires in the wall for those two switches between the Meater & the door can't be helping either.

Not discounting the OP's experience, but there may be more causing the issue than he thinks.

Yep. That and we don't know if the gang boxes for the outlets and switches are metal or plastic. Could very well be all kinds of interference going on there. Or, like he says, his Meater setup bites. :sad:

Just looking in from the outdoor and I don't have a dog in this hunt but looks like the OP said it was a Trager. That solidstate board, IR and flame rod in there along with the motor are enough to interfere with and BT signal. Maybe everytime the rig refeeds, reignites augers the problem occurs. This problem could/can be traced.

Try it on a regular grill from scratch and go from there.

Just my .02 and Good Luck!

I've had 3 Meater probes for well over a year and they all still work great. I bought the BLOCK for my buddy for his birthday a few months ago and he loves it...still uses it every week as he hosts a lot.

As others mentioned I'd be willing to wager that OP putting the Block inside the house right up against an exterior wall likely is causing signal interference. I always kept my phones (used instead of a Block) just a few feet away from the smoker and I never had any problems.

Meater has definitely proven that this technology can work, but I think that too many people just don't understand the limitations of BlueTooth. I do think that WyzeTemp has taken a much more constructive solution to the inherent issues with BlueTooth, but who knows if they'll ever actually come to market with their product.

Back