THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Decided to do the cut up rib thing this afternoon!

It did not disappoint!

30 minutes in, added sausage and closed the bottom damper and brought the temp 350° for another 30 minutes or so.

Gotta give a shout to the rub and the sauce! The rub was pretty good, not knowing it I went pretty light, next time I will go heavier. The sauce? That’s a different story! We did a head to head around the table, everyone got two slices of sausage one had Buc-ees and the other Head Country (our all time favorite) and the winner?

6-0 Buc-ee’s ! Not lying y’all, it is good!

Back to the ribs, I was sold on the Jess Pryles method, but everyone else preferred smoked ribs. This method, everyone said it beats smoked and Jess Pryles. I will be cooking this way again!

Thanks for lookin’

I’m gonna have to make me a trip down to Buc-ees then, thanks for the recommendation.
As far as ribs go, I was just thinking about trying that next. They look awesome.

I need to make a trip to Buccee's too! Danged fine looking meal, Jeremy!

Thanks all!

Looks like someone is enjoying their kettle again! Not hard to see why with those pics :)

Yep! Now I’m thinking about putting the Summit up for sale again and buying a Ranch!

I’m gonna have to make me a trip down to Buc-ees then, thanks for the recommendation.
As far as ribs go, I was just thinking about trying that next. They look awesome.

The ribs will not disappoint AND they’re fast enough to do for dinner on a week night!

Are these Sturgill Simpson ribs?

Oh you KNOW it!

I need to make a trip to Buccee's too! Danged fine looking meal, Jeremy!

I’m telling ya this sauce will not disappoint! We’ll be stopping at the Buc-ee’s Beach Express in September and one of the kids said “Oh we’re buying a CASE of this stuff!” We’ve put lots of sauces up against Head Country and it had always won until yesterday.

Nice looking cook. Thanks for the heads up on the sauce and the rub...didn't need something else to love about Buccee's but here we go.

How tender were the ribs compared to slow smoking?

Nice looking cook. Thanks for the heads up on the sauce and the rub...didn't need something else to love about Buccee's but here we go.

You are welcome :mrgreen:

How tender were the ribs compared to slow smoking?

Wellllll, I may be the best judge of that, but, thought they were nearly perfect.
I like my ribs to eat like corn on the cob with a slight chew. I can’t handle “fall off th’ bone” mush mouth feel ribs

Is there a thread somewhere here that discusses this method in detail?

Not that I’m aware of. Just cut out every other bone by cutting straight down the bone. You end up with one bone that basically has the meat of two bones on it, then cook’em!

You’ll end up with a set of bones that has a small amount of meat on them as well.

Salt and pepper

Then grill for Scooby snacks! They’ll disappear as soon as you bring them in the house!

These were at a little over 400° for 30 minutes then 350° for thirty. 350° start to finish would be probably 90 minutes. Right at 60 they passed the toothpick test and I pulled them off.

Very nice.

I tried it last weekend and was not happy with my results although it was operator error. I let the temp get too high and also did not pay close attention and overcooked. Easy to do with this method if not monitored.

I’ll try again and hope to get results more like yours!

Attachments

I’ve cooked the ribz using the same method and really liked the way they came out and everyone else enjoyed them also

Back