how many briskets

I think I've paid 235 for a brisket. Sucks when you love the big dogs but pay by the lb for fresh (never frozen) Golds.

Sucks throwing away 10lb of fat that price. Ignorance is best

I cooked 2 at my first competition last year. We had enough people hanging around helping so I wanted to make sure they ate well.

We always cook two. Sometimes both short of expectations. Sometimes one good one bad. Sometimes both are awesome and it doesn't matter.

More than once we've had one brisket with good burnt ends and the other not as good so happy to have two to choose from.

Brisket freezes really well and is great for Brisket chili, brisket taco's and just a great late night snack so we will be eating left over comp brisket well into the Chicago winter.

Highly recommend the investment in a food saver to vaccuum pack your leftovers. ;-)

Just 1 for us. Used to cook 2 but at that time I really sucked at cooking brisket and usually had 2 not-so-good briskets.....

SRF blacks for us - they love the Gateway Drums

SRF gold grade 14-17lbs are 199 on the website. how does anyone get them cheaper?

We've changed our sizing, so there is no longer a 14-17 lb...there is either 14-16 or 16-18. They best way to get a discount is to buy in bulk (if you have that option). If you can buy 6 or more at a time the 14-16 Golds are $179 each and the 16-18 Golds are $189 each. Shipping is only $9.99 no matter how many you buy so it works out the best that way.

We're trying to give teams the best options out there for size selection. Blacks will be rolling out the new sizing next week.

Just one. You cook one and it's your baby...you cook 2 and you aren't as careful because in your mind you always think you have one to fall back on.

This week I am cooking a SRF Black vs a Costco Prime. I will prepare them the exact same way. I'm curious to see if the SRF is worth the price difference. It's a pretty expensive experiment.

for comps this year I been thinking of buying a couple from SRF, I have good success using Angus with a 30 day age. I cook to an internal of 185 -190..Is it true the SRF has to go to 200 plus? Just sounds high, any thoughts?

for comps this year I been thinking of buying a couple from SRF, I have good success using Angus with a 30 day age. I cook to an internal of 185 -190..Is it true the SRF has to go to 200 plus? Just sounds high, any thoughts?

I think it depends on how you are cooking them. I'm a hot and fast guy, and couldn't fathom taking any brisket off under 200*.

If your really good cook one and if you are not it never hurts to cook two and use the better of the two. Who don't like left over Brisket!

Back