How Many Bottles of Sauce Do you Have?

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
While organizing my BBQ Closet earlier today, the wife came up and asked, "How many damn bottles of sauce do you need?" I continued to organize and clean, all the while counting the 26 bottles of mostly different BBQ sauces and 13 Hot sauces placed on the shelves.

I then spied the 3 opened bottles in the fridge, knowing that there was also a gallon of Head Country Hot in the basement fridge.

Help me out as I need your responses to make me seem somewhat "Normal."

Winner gets a free bottle of sauce...like you really need it!

oh good lord no

I have a few staples I always have on hand, plus maybe 3-4 un opened ones I got for gifts

that it for me

now rubs on the other hand....:loco:

Honestly not too many. I have 4 bottles of BBQ sauce and 2 bottles of hot sauce. I usually always have a random bottle of something that I picked up somewhere to try but I mostly have 2-3 consistent bottles to use on various meats. I often will just make my own the day I smoke something, so that doesn't stay around too long.

Thanks to IamMadMan, several more than I had a few days ago which is fine with me. :thumb:

27xpkid.jpg

Last edited:
I make my own siriacha sauce with horse radish from the garden every summer. 7 kinds of hot peppers and home grown horse radish root. Got 5 of 15 pints left in the freezer. Self sustaining and no store bought stuff here.

I make my own siriacha sauce with horse radish from the garden every summer. 7 kinds of hot peppers and home grown horse radish root. Got 5 of 15 pints left in the freezer. Self sustaining and no store bought stuff here.

I bet that is awesome with all of the pepper varieties and the horse radish, can't beat fresh!

I bet that is awesome with all of the pepper varieties and the horse radish, can't beat fresh!

And I don't have a recipie just a basic base of roasting, grilling, smoking peppers. Add vinegar, fresh garlic (from garden), fresh horse radish, smoked paprika, this and that. If it ain't hot enough I cheat and mix trader joes habanero sauce in to taste.

Pretty much just wing it and always end up with something good. More people need to wing it!

Funny thing us I do not use sauce for cooking, I only serve several choices on the side for dipping.

That is one heck of a collection. Do you have a favorite one or three?

I am constantly tying new sauces with a group of friends and family, thus the reason for a devoted cabinet.

I have to say my favorites are as follows..

SWEET : Butch's Spicy Sweet (good on everything but beef)
SAVORY: Texas - Texas Bad to the Bone / Head Country (both are good on everything)
BEEF: Rudy's Bar-B-Q Sauce / Texas - Texas Shiner Bock
VINEGAR: Franklin's Vinegar Sauce
CHICKEN: Chiavetta's BBQ Marinade and Salamida Cornell Chicken Sauce
HOT: Butch's Super Pyro (so hot most can't tolerate it) so I also keep Butch's Pyro on hand for those who just like hot.

Blue's Hog I mix for my liking, Stubs is a good sauce for large crowds and pleases a multitude of tastes. And for those who like excessively sweet sauce, I have Sweet Baby Ray's (I buy a variety of these on sale for 1.00 a bottle)

Back