How I Fire Up My Bandera Offset Stickburner Video

I can't see the vid either, as a matter of fact I have not been able to see and utube vids linked on this site all week on my laptop or deck computer.

Yup, I Fired Up BoomShuckaLucka Sat morning the same way - for The Texas Bash. :thumb: Must be why everyone shy'd away from me meatloaf...... :twitch:

Sadly, I was just thinking that I wish there was a Bandera owner somewhere close so I could watch him / her manage the fire. I'm still simply not good at it. I've started putting short splits on, and trying to keep them far away from the smoker box. But I still get temperature spikes. I did a couple of pork butts yesterday, and I had swings from 215 to 400. (Now I'd say 90% of the time it was between 250 and 330.) I also had 2 ambient probes, and they were typically 30 degrees apart from each other.

I'm getting better. And the pork was good! (My GF pointed out that it isn't as smokey as it is on my Kamado, but that it was really juicy and tender and good. I actually noticed while pulling it that parts were perfect and tender, but some sections of the shoulder could have used a little more time on the smoker.)

I'd love to see a real-life video of the way people manage a Bandera fire. I'm assuming it's not terribly different than other smokers, but the Bandera seems to have its own quirks.

Back