THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LifeLongWNYer

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey, folks, the new guy New Yorker here, still learning.

I know where the list of acronyms is, and I check it often, but I'm getting so I have to check it less often, so maybe I'm learning.

But, how about a glossary of terms someplace? You folks use terms, that aren't acronyms and I have trouble figuring them out. Currently, when I see a word that I don't know, I Google it, but a list here with BBQ related terms would be great.

JBP

Hmm all the productive people have left. We are all just too lazy for such a thing. :becky:

What would probably be good is for you to start a thread like that and if it gets the right turn out then the mods will sticky it in the forums.

every forum I belong to have their own set of acronyms. If there isn't a glossary one does a lot of guessing and occasionally asks a dumb question. Been there

every forum I belong to have their own set of acronyms. If there isn't a glossary one does a lot of guessing and occasionally asks a dumb question. Been there

We have a list of acronyms and terms that are unique to this forum...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35132

JBP said that he was aware of that, so I took that to mean that he is looking for a generic BBQ glossary. We haven't maintained one since there are quite a few of them available online.

If someone wants to volunteer to build one, we can make it a sticky or add it to the roadmap, but The mod team doesn't have time to maintain it right now. It would have to be complete and ready to post.

Well, I can TRY, but remember, I'm the guy trying to LEARN this business.

Maybe I'll collect the words that I have to look up, and give it try.

Yeah, the acronyms are tough. Some mean one thing here, and something else there, but you guys have a good handle on that.

JBP

Back