THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newtwoq

is one Smokin' Farker
Ok, so this isn't quite Q, but we recently got a Hamilton Beach Pasta Maker and absolutely love it! If you have ever made fresh pasta by hand, you know that it can be a bit messy with flour and egg all over your counter. Then the dough must be put through a pasta machine to flatten, elongate, and activate the gluten.

The pasta maker operates by putting in an amount of flour in the bin and the machine weighs the flour and calculates how much liquid you need. We typically add a beaten egg and water in the amount needed. Then the machine automatically kneads the dough by spinning the dough hook in one direction and then once kneaded, it reverses direction of the dough hook and it causes the dough to be pushed through a die in the shape that you desire. The dough looks like it is way under on the liquid component, but trust the machine and it comes out good. If too much liquid is added the pasta doesn’t work properly. The pasta maker comes with 7 different dies for penne, spaghetti, fettucine, and lasagna noodles. We have also added spinach, carrot, or beat juice to change the flavor of the pasta up.

Lastly, the pasta doesn’t need to dry on a rack before cooking, it can go straight into a pot of boiling salted water and cooks in approximately 3 mins. From start to finish we can have freshly made pasta on the table in about 20 mins. I would highly recommend this to anyone willing to give it a try!

Attachments

Not bad at all, it’s dishwasher safe. I typically just hand wash everything. I let the dough dry in the die then poke it out with a toothpick.

We have the Phillips Avance model and we used it like crazy when we first got it but haven't used it in awhile. I have like 9 different dies for it including udon and ramen noodles.

Last edited:
How long did that take to make all of that pasta?

The picture on the right of the penne, about 10 mins. The middle picture took a little longer as it used all 7 dies, and the green is a spinach juice pasta, and the red is a beet juice pasta, so a lot of switching out of dies and flour was occurring.

Back