THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldsman442

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hello from a central North Carolina, farm boy, Daddy to 2 wonderful children 23 and 19, husband of 28 yrs, to my lovely bride/best friend.
We raise and or grow and prepare most of our veggies, pork, and fruits. Cook/ prep on part or whole 98% of what we eat.

16 inch offest (about 18 yr old original Oklahoma Joe offset,now in business as Horizon), 2 BBQ Grillware grills, 30 gal drum vert homemade cooker, 8' x 4' cinder block pig/chicken cooker, in process of making Argentine grill,smoker built into fireplace on our screened in back porch to replace the BBQ Grillware that has been temporary for past 10 years since we finished our house, 15.5 gal keg grill homemade, horizontal keg smoker homemade, 3 M-59 military field ovens converted to lp and a trailered LP gas pig cooker. Tired of hearing that there is a Jeff Foxworthy joke somewhere in my list. Everything wood/charcoal except M-59's and trailered pig cooker.

Love 1st and foremost pecAn, (not pecOn LOL) , hickory, and white oak.

The older I get the more I realize I don't know squat, so just try to soak up all everyone has to offer, and filter it to what fits the best.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

WOW!! You certainly have quite the arsenal of cookers. In the event of an apocalypse, pm me your address. You seem to have all you need right there for survival. Welcome to the brethren, and some here do know squat, and are happy to share it.

Welcome from SC. It's really good to have you here on this great site. Those 442's were some really bad machines in their day. You should have posted that you were from Garner, 'cause I'm betting that there ain't nobody here that can pronounce Fuquay Varina 'cept you and me.

Back