THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bwram1

is one Smokin' Farker
Doing a cook for a wedding rehearsal dinner in September...feeding approximately 80 adults and 40 kids. The person who usually does my cole slaw has moved and I don't do slaw. There is a local joint that makes great slaw and will sell by the gallon...assuming most adults will eat slaw and most kids will not, how many gallons should I order?

Am doing about 40 pounds of Q (after cook) and 4-5 full size hotel pans each of beans and mac and cheese. Am heavy on these but I would hate to run out.

EDIT: Will be using 3oz portions. I figure 80 servings would require 15 pounds...I am thinking 20 pounds would suffice. What is that in gallons of ready made slaw?

Last edited:
Slaw made from 5lbs of cabbage makes about 1 gallon and roughly 32 4oz servings. We prep for 100 people with 15lbs of cabbage if serving 2 sides. For 80 adults and 40 kids I'd say 3 to 3 1/2 gallons of slaw.

Back