THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TX_Diver

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hi All,

Joining in from West Texas here (outside of the midland/odessa area).

Been cooking on a propane grill for years but finally bought an offset smoker once I moved to TX. I've cooked up some tasty stuff on it but after competing in my first competition a few weeks ago I've already got the bug to get a larger smoker. I'd love to build my own so we'll see how that plays out. In the mean-time I've been doing some reading on here and trying to learn some stuff. I've already got a few questions which I'll post up in another thread later on.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words so see below for some stuff that I've cooked up and some things that I enjoy doing.

My smoker - very similar to a Lyfe-Tyme.
EndView1_zps267c583f.jpg

While not exactly as time intensive as a brisket, one of my favorite things to cook (and eat) is a nice steak.
steak_zps46fded50.jpg

Recently I've become a big fan of the reverse sear method. This one's not the best one I've done (hence why it lasted long enough for a photo) but it'll work.
steak1_zps4025249e.jpg

I really enjoy pulled pork and aside from having to get up a few times in the night to stoke the fire I actually enjoy adding more fuel and figuring out how different woods and charcoals affect stuff.
A few hours in
porkbutt_zps2108c3bc.jpg

And a bit after coming off
porkbutt1_zps191c0fe0.jpg

And one from a party I cooked at awhile ago
image_zps1e74a3bc.jpg

Aside from the actual cooking of the food I also enjoy getting it myself.

This one's from a buddy's camera last year on a trip out of freeport TX.
Screenshot2013-08-04at52824PM_zpsfed8011e.png

Little pig from a rainy day
8370852b-bdc6-4b66-aee6-ec5e371c7dd9_zpsa9dde768.jpg

And one of my dog for fun
unnamed-2_zps4b9f2233.jpg

Cheers!

You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb:

Back