Hello from Texas

TX_Diver

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hi All,

Joining in from West Texas here (outside of the midland/odessa area).

Been cooking on a propane grill for years but finally bought an offset smoker once I moved to TX. I've cooked up some tasty stuff on it but after competing in my first competition a few weeks ago I've already got the bug to get a larger smoker. I'd love to build my own so we'll see how that plays out. In the mean-time I've been doing some reading on here and trying to learn some stuff. I've already got a few questions which I'll post up in another thread later on.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words so see below for some stuff that I've cooked up and some things that I enjoy doing.

My smoker - very similar to a Lyfe-Tyme.
EndView1_zps267c583f.jpg

While not exactly as time intensive as a brisket, one of my favorite things to cook (and eat) is a nice steak.
steak_zps46fded50.jpg

Recently I've become a big fan of the reverse sear method. This one's not the best one I've done (hence why it lasted long enough for a photo) but it'll work.
steak1_zps4025249e.jpg

I really enjoy pulled pork and aside from having to get up a few times in the night to stoke the fire I actually enjoy adding more fuel and figuring out how different woods and charcoals affect stuff.
A few hours in
porkbutt_zps2108c3bc.jpg

And a bit after coming off
porkbutt1_zps191c0fe0.jpg

And one from a party I cooked at awhile ago
image_zps1e74a3bc.jpg

Aside from the actual cooking of the food I also enjoy getting it myself.

This one's from a buddy's camera last year on a trip out of freeport TX.
Screenshot2013-08-04at52824PM_zpsfed8011e.png

Little pig from a rainy day
8370852b-bdc6-4b66-aee6-ec5e371c7dd9_zpsa9dde768.jpg

And one of my dog for fun
unnamed-2_zps4b9f2233.jpg

Cheers!

You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb:

Back