THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brick Pig

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Monty
Hi all. I've reading these boards for years, and only just now realized I (apparently) never actually registered. Not sure how that happened.:shocked:

Anyway, a little about me:
I was born and raised in NC, lived and worked for 15 years in Lancaster County, PA, and then worked another 15 years in NYC, living in NJ. In 2018 the NY company went belly up and I've gone to work in northern PA (still living in NJ). Textile industry.

Grew up grilling on the cheapest charcoal grills my dad could find. Treated myself to a Weber Kettle when I got out on my own. Shortly after moving to NJ I bought a Charbroil offset and learned to use it. After about 10 years I got tired of tending the fire so closely, and bought a Kamado Joe Big Joe. I used it two or three times and realized I was never going back to the kettle or the offset, and gave them to my neighbor.

Looking forward to participating more here. Thanks for having me!

Welcome! I grew up right around the corner from you in Mendham. Live in Denville now.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back