THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upStomp

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jay
We used to have an annual spicy food pot-luck party ("A$$TASIA") at my house, but haven't done it for the past 3-4 years. We decided to bring it back to life this year, so I did a dry run of wings to test out Oakridge's Habanero Death Dust. I usually make my own rubs, but figured I'd see what some of the pros have to offer.

picture.php

Seasoned with HDD and set to chill for 3-4 hours.

picture.php

On the WSM 22.5, vents wide open (running 300-325), single chunk of applewood for just a hint of smoke. 23 minutes per side. That's a Chili-Lime (also Oakridge) rubbed pork loin photo-bombing on the right.

picture.php

The finished product. Just a basic buffalo to top it off (Frank's, butter, and dash of Worcestershire). I didn't want to go crazy with the sauce this run since I already know what I will do there. The twig of Thai Basil went in the trash after the pic.

The finished product was frickin' delicious! That HDD is the real deal - in both flavor and heat. It had a nice, creeping heat that'll compliment the kill-your-face sauce I'll be making for the event. The Chile-Lime was no slouch either. I'm sold on the Oakridge rubs.

Thanks for the inspiration. Doing HDD wings tonight.

Great looking wings btw.

Back