THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Went out and took the cover off my pellet grill to get it set up to cooks some burgers. I noticed the grease bucket that hangs off the lower side was gone. The last time I used it, it was near full. I have another one so that was not a problem, but I wonder if maybe a raccoon took it or maybe a German Shepard from across the street, those would be the only animals I can think of that were big enough to do this. There was not a drop of grease around the cooker, and I did not find it anywhere around the yard, so I am a little perplexed. I guess from now on I will empty it when done and place the container inside the cooker.

One other thing, I am trying something new to me. We are having FF with the burgers I deep fried all but a couple handfulls which I put on the top shelve in the cooker just to see how they turn out. Anyone else ever do that?
Dave

something similar happened to me , I cleaned my cooker and was letting the smoker cool down and knew I needed to scrape out my bucket . went to do it and all the grease was gone ? next day I woke up and my boxer pooed all over my living room , busted .

Thank heavens my little dog is to small to reach it.
Dave

I don't know about the grease bucket thing but I do cook fries on the gasser and the kettle on a regular basis. I just season them up usually with Tony C's or Slap Yo Mama and throw them in a basket and onto the grate. Toss them around some to cook on all sides. Better than fried. That says a lot coming from a southern man.:wink:

Those raccoons have learned how to get into the rugged trash cans I have, so taking a bucket off a hook is more than do-able. Those bahstids are crafty, and intelligent. I recommend a have a heart trap, then relocate. Or disposal. Whichever your local laws dictate.

The FF I cooked in the pellet grill turned out great, crisp outside creamy inside, just like I like them, with just a hint of smoke. Next time I would like to try seasoned steak fries.
Dave

After mods on my cheap stick burner, I bought cheap arse Wally world biscuits to check how even the temps were thinking I would just toss them afterwards. Those were amazing and I love them cooked with fire.

Complete breakfast on the stick burner or fire pit is the best. Stick burner is muck more smoky!

Back