Half young chicken Jamaican jerk style on the kettle grill rotisserie

Octoforks

Brushing up on my kettle rotisserie skills today. Started it with Kingsford but fed it mini splits the rest of the way.

This was labeled a young bird but it was a big boy @ 7 plus lbs so I halved it and spun it with the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie ring and used the Octoforks to hold it in place. Seasoning tonight was Sucklebusters SPG and Island Spice Jamaican Jerk. Thanks for looking!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csOcqtiq7GA"]Half Jerk Chicken - YouTube[/ame]

....and some seriously dirty Octoforks.

Nice work Keith, I have not seen you use that setup before
Thanks Tom! Yea first time doing a half bird. I've used the kettle for some cooks but this is the first time I've done what I've seen others do and put a pan in and bank the coals off of it.

I really liked cooking with the splits but they had to be pretty small.

Looks great, Keith.

Also nice to see someone use a kettle setup with your spinning magic.

Finally took a trip over to your website, too...

Here's the cleanup if it can help anyone else. Look how grease baked those forks are...Basically it'd be hard to normally clean them up like new but I've been using a ultrasonic cleaner I picked up at Harbor Freight. Normally I put in some Mean Green degreaser but was out of it so I used one of those power tablets for the dish washer and with maybe eight to nine 8 minute cycles this is how everything came out. The only "scrubbing" was wiping off what was all loose already. Soooo easy and painless to clean them up this way.

Here's before and after:

Here's the cleanup if it can help anyone else. Look how grease baked those forks are...Basically it'd be hard to normally clean them up like new but I've been using a ultrasonic cleaner I picked up at Harbor Freight. Normally I put in some Mean Green degreaser but was out of it so I used one of those power tablets for the dish washer and with maybe eight to nine 8 minute cycles this is how everything came out. The only "scrubbing" was wiping off what was all loose already. Soooo easy and painless to clean them up this way.

Here's before and after:

I have been scrubbing mine with a brush a little and then into the dish washer works great so far but an I making a mistake?

I have been scrubbing mine with a brush a little and then into the dish washer works great so far but an I making a mistake?
No not at all Tom, glad that works for you. My dishwasher just doesn't make much of a dent when they're that baked on so that's when I went to the soaking method.

Now though since I've been using this ultrasonic cleaning machine it's been painless for me. Prior to that I noticed it was harder and harder to get the hardware real clean and shiny. I've been using the same pairs for every single cook and wanted to get them back to the brand new look.

So by all means if the dishwasher works keep it up. Tonight was the first time I tried dropping the dish washer tablet into the ultrasonic cleaner water and I was impressed with how well it works.

Looks great, Keith.

Also nice to see someone use a kettle setup with your spinning magic.

Finally took a trip over to your website, too...
I've saw quite a few people use kettle setups so far but they don't post on here. The setups so far I've seen have been Kamado Joe using the Joetisserie, Weber kettle, UDS,and the 007's. A couple brethren including Tom, and DWFisk use Santa Maria's and looking forward to seeing more on those.

How's the website look on your iphone to you?

Back