Guru

hightpt

Found some matches.
I have a question about a Guru fan type temp control. I've had a Baby Stump insulated smoker for about 16 years and rarely have had a problem maintaining a constant temperature in any kind of weather or temperature until this past fall. I'm not a competitor, just a back yard enthusiast so I'm thinking of getting one just for peace of mind.
My question is, does the main unit (the fan?) have to plugged into a power source while it's operating or can it be charged to operate without one?

The main unit is not rechargeable. You would need to plug it into a standalone rechargeable battery pack.

A fireboard can be charged. I had a guru for years before switching to the fireboard. One of the better decisions I have made. BBQ guru has had a lot of problems lately with some of their new units. I would recommend checking out fireboard

As others have mentioned, the actual Bbq Guru branded units have had a lot of issues over the last few years. I have their CyberQ unit; while it worked fine for a while, the user interface on the unit itself was very painful to use. The web app was easy to use but had some limitations around notifications that defeated a big chunk of the reasons I had for using it so when they started having firmware and web app issues, I decided it was time to move on.

I'm using a Thermoworks signals with their billows fan and battery now and I'm extremely happy with it. Highly recommended! I use it on my big kamado and my insulated gravity feed smoker (not at the same time tho) - the only caveat is that small volume smokers really require the optional air damper due to the large volume of air the can moves. The damper is cheap (< $5), but really ought to be included with the billows.

Back