THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maylar

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dave
I need to grind a couple pounds of meat for home made cat food. My Tasin grinder would do that fine but it's overkill for such a small quantity. The only other thing I have is a tiny pulse grinder (more like a pulverizer) that only does about 1/4 cup at a time. Don't have a food processor and a blender is for liquids.

Suggestions?

You can use a blender as a makeshift food processor.

It feels wrong, it looks wrong, but works just fine.

Get a Lem #10 hand grinder. That’s what I use for small grinding jobs.

Ya know, I might actually have one of those tucked away in a drawer somewhere. It was my Mom's, and probably 50 years old. Gotta have a looksee.

Yup. Hand grinder will do the trick.

When I started making 10 lb batches of sausage and ground beef, it was time for an upgrade.
Now I do 25lb batches.

I use my big grinder for everything - the moving/food touching parts come apart and it’s as easy to clean as any small grinder or attachment.

For small grinds, I have the grinder attachment for my Kitchenaide mixer. Works great, 2 plates, and easy to clean. Hand grinders are also cool and quick, and portable.

I use my big grinder for everything - the moving/food touching parts come apart and it’s as easy to clean as any small grinder or attachment.

Agreed on the easy to clean aspect, my drawback is the hand grinder lives in the kitchen and the big grinder lives in the basement store room.
Handier to grab the hand crank in my situation.

do you have a kitchenaid mixer? their grinder attachment works well for me when i am making sausage. I can get through 8-10 lbs of meat without overheating.

We got this to grate veggies and cheese but also got the meat attachment which works as a charm for small batches.

https://www.gefu.com/en/product-world/grating-slicing/704/rotary-grater-transforma

19080-gefu-trommelreibe-transforma-0001.jpg

do you have a kitchenaid mixer? their grinder attachment works well for me when i am making sausage. I can get through 8-10 lbs of meat without overheating.

Nope, no KitchenAid. And no room on the counter for one. I have a small kitchen.

Back