Grilled Cheese Cheeseburger

EricD

is Blowin Smoke!
I had planned on this being an epic cook thread, but with all my advanced planning I overlooked the part where I'm supposed to charge my phone for pics.
So, the climax of the story is missing here, but I was able to get the final shots

I have been playing with my grinder and perfecting my burgers when all of a sudden a Cheeseburger Throwdown came along!
I started with a few pounds of chuck
hJqcr55.jpg

V7zV4ha.jpg

Added a glob of bacon fat to the mix, because I can!
Then sliced up some homemade bacon. (My slab is still in the fridge curing. This is a piece my buddy made and gave me)
qiqpOZp.jpg

Got that on the Blackstone with some Slow Smoked pulled pork I had in the freezer
640k7Xq.jpg

And here is where the camera died.
What y'all didn't get to see is where I fired up the Kettle with RO lump and threw a 1/2 pound of a seasoned ground chuck Butter Burger on it. (a pat of butter buried in the center of the burger)
Meanwhile, back on the Blackstone I had four pieces of buttered bread down with some classic yellow American Cheese.
Burger is almost done, threw some white American cheese on it to melt.
Time to assemble! One Grilled Cheese sandwich gets Pulled Pork
The other Grilled Cheese gets the Bacon
the Burger gets a slice of tomato from the neighbors garden (given not stolen) and a leaf of Romaine lettuce. Pile them together and get one big Grilled Cheese Cheeseburger!
GMS37vm.jpg

q8vNGOB.jpg

sMZVtlS.jpg

Last edited:
In my tunnel vision like state to make the winning burger, not only did I forget to charge my camera, I forget to get rid of Photosuckit too!!

looks delish and the bacon looks amazing, add some ground pork to the mix and that will jazz up that flavor leaving ppl asking what's in that meat? :)

@CobraDriver, first get a TaylorMade!!! Just kidding!
I have been experimenting with different blends in the burger. For this one I thought I'd just do the straight chuck, because I had all the other flavors in the grilled cheeses.

I'll take one of those with a side of plane chips and a cold beer thank you!

Hmmphf not a fan I do not like health foods.:-D

Great looking cook for sure and I am sure that it tasted even better than it looked!

Back