Grill test...why not a biscuit one too!

bjarolim

Full Fledged Farker
So I figured since I'm going to the lake tomorrow and not taking Yolanda and my mom threw in my face they were gonna smoke some tenderloins and ribs while at the lake on the electric smoker(boooooo).

I figured I would test out my grill on the offset and run a biscuit test so I can get my fix.

Grill worked great, made some burgers for the family and tried potatoes wedges but the grease was raging the fire and burnt them(epic fail).

I only have just seasoned my offset and haven't done a cook yet for various reason, but I figured she is already heated up lets do a biscuit test and see what happens.

Results: after bought 20 minutes bottom rack is hottest, as expected, and the middle and top rack had burnt bottoms of the right side only...middle and left side were cooked nicely. Maybe and I can adjust my disperment plate a little and try evening out the right side a little. All in all I'm happy with it.

20160630_191536_zpslzw67woc.jpg

Bride to be had me cook her a Chicken breast and turnkey burger for her new diet she is on. She loves this new smoker almost as much as me....wait, NOT EVEN CLOSE!
20160630_200254_zpsrlsaqe42.jpg

And the end of the test
20160630_201345_zpsqcmjbgc1.jpg

maybe extend the heat deflector towards the hot side with holes drilled in it?

Back