Green Chile Stew, leftovers and MSU

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Any meat you cook can be used in this recipe. Cattle, sheep, swine, snake, nutria etc etc. The meats can be ground, chunks, shredded, pulled etc etc. Green Chile is available 24/7/365 in some form or manor. Canned, jarred, handles, frozen etc etc. It can be made to match scoville tolerance from mild to blue flame. The plethora of available hot sauces red, green, orange, clear etc etc. Can adust at bowl.
Anyway if you've ever had green chile stew on a 100° day you'll understand why it's never off the menu. You become your own evaporative cooler

GC Stew is a very basic dish.
Here's a link to a good recipe

https://newmexiconomad.com/green-chile-stew/

Love the way you throw chiles at everything. :thumb:

I roasted my first three from the garden tonight to dress up some burgers.

Now that you mention it, i don't think he makes anything without chiles in some form or another, be it fresh, or bottled in some sauce, or seasoning. Its pretty impressive to be honest.

Not saying it would not be delicious...but my chili, stew and soups don't hit the menu until the temps drop a bit below Hell's Front Porch.

This "rule" is not carved in stone- sometimes you just get a hankering.

Appreciated.

Love the way you throw chiles at everything. :thumb:

I roasted my first three from the garden tonight to dress up some burgers.

We don't eat supper. In fact no meals after 2pm. Breakfast can be a show but usually a no carb start. Lunch (dinner) noon meal whatever it's called where you stake your tent is my time to cook. Anyway , even buying the smallest cuts we have lots of meat leftovers. Options are gift it, freeze it, eat within a few days----or MSU favorite soups, stews chili.

This is another reason I buy the smallest meats in the bin. I'll buy the 3# Duroc netted over the two pack Boston Butts every time. A 10# and under full packer over those 14-20#ers every time.

It gets to the point, I love to cook this but need to eat that..And like I said it has a one meal shot at being included.

Small meats is where I live

Last edited:
We don't eat supper. In fact no meals after 2pm. Breakfast can be a show but usually a no carb start. Lunch (dinner) noon meal whatever it's called where you stake your tent is my time to cook. Anyway , even buying the smallest cuts we have lots of meat leftovers. Options are gift it, freeze it, eat within a few days----or MSU favorite soups, stews chili.

This is another reason I buy the smallest meats in the bin. I'll buy the 3# Duroc netted over the two pack Boston Butts every time. A 10# and under full packer over those 14-20#ers every time.

It gets to the point, I love to cook this but need to eat that..And like I said it has a one meal shot at being included.

Small meats is where I live

In traditional New England speak it's breakfast, dinner and supper. That's what I grew up with. Supper is my main meal and I cook for one. A pot of stew would last me more than a week, so I give a lot of it away. My chili recipe would feed 20. Need to scale that down for the next batch.

In traditional New England speak it's breakfast, dinner and supper. That's what I grew up with. Supper is my main meal and I cook for one. A pot of stew would last me more than a week, so I give a lot of it away. My chili recipe would feed 20. Need to scale that down for the next batch.

It's tough

Sometimes make MSU chili at work for lunch. Keep canned, seasoned black beans there and bring in whatever leftover meat from the previous day, or even a couple/three eggs. The key ingredient is 505 medium hatch chili.

Took a fresh bag of 2" 505 chili cubes to work last week and put in the freezer. Power at work went out last Sunday and wasn't restored for a day. Our crack staff threw out everything in the fridge/freezers. I don't blame them, but certain the 505 would have been fine if allowed to re-freeze.

Sometimes make MSU chili at work for lunch. Keep canned, seasoned black beans there and bring in whatever leftover meat from the previous day, or even a couple/three eggs. The key ingredient is 505 medium hatch chili.

Which 505 product do you use? Is it mush?

Back