THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Momma asked if we could venture down to Roosevelt Brewing in Portales, NM this weekend, and I was a jerk... said that I'd do my best to make her beloved green chile queso fries here at home.

Dug myself a reasonably deep hole with that promise.

First things first- Gotta have good queso. This can take even crappy fried stuff "over the top" to the winners' circle.

Hate to admit it, but sometimes "pasteurized cheese product" just works...

2017-02-12%2012.51.31_zpsi8ln3su8.jpg

Meanwhile, THIS is the Dog's Bollocks! You Brits will understand - Seriously... I volunteer to help put some of this in the USPS for folks who don't have access...

2017-02-12%2012.51.11_zps2fr4udvi.jpg

I got a little crazy. Thanks to DouglasLizard, I broke out a fatty dusted with rub from Moultrie, GA (home of the Maule Aircraft Company - Maker of some of the most Bad-a$$ bush planes on the planet)... chopped it up a bit, threw it in the CI skillet with some bacon fat from breakfast... a little crispiness.. then added to the queso.

2017-02-12%2012.50.48_zps5h35mypx.jpg

OK - The stage is set.

Here's when we take this:

2017-02-12%2012.56.19_zpsktgantl0.jpg

... and turn it into this:

2017-02-12%2012.57.07_zpsvne1mij0.jpg

It was ridiculous... and I probably just gained 3 lbs from the experience (completely worth it)!

Oh man that looks incredible!!! I gotta try that. I also need to look for that chili sauce. I bet I can get it up here. This is going on the list to make! Thanks for sharing.

Ain't no shame in a little Velveeta - the right thing is the right thing!

I'll be looking for that 505 in the stores - thanks for the heads up & that looks like some deilicous eats right there!

Over the top Marc!!
That 505 is some of my favorite hatch chile, store bought sauce. It all looks delicious. Adding this to my must try list!

Back