THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dpuryear

Question for the Brethern: When smoking large batches of meat at home, how/where do you dispose of the grease drippings and grey water?
Thanks

I put my grease in a empty water bottle or empty milk jug and freeze then toss into the trash on trash pick up day.

Funny, I was about to post this same question. My Backwoods contaminates a lot of water and I have no idea what to do with it all.

Well, I don't have a brush pile, and not enough milk jugs or water bottles, but I end up with plenty of ashes. Thanks for the idea, qnbiker. My next cook is scheduled for July 3 and I'll give that a try.

After they completely cool, I empty the ashes into a plastic garbage bag, then pour the water and grease into the bag. The ashes soak it up.

I have a metal can I bought from Home Depot I use for ash and dump the water straight in it. The nasty water left over from a cook is the one thing I don't like about my Backwoods.

I have large flower pot full of sand that I dump it in. When it gets full I dump it in my fire pit and burn it.

Funny thing is it smells like sewer when I dump it in the fire pit, but smells like the best hamburger you'll ever eat when it's burning 😳

Not the toilet, the fat will congeal inside the pipes and you'll have to call
KPAX to come and snake out your lines.

I'm with Fwismoker , don't use water... but I would skim the greas off the top, and toss the rest in the neighbor's yard :-D

Back