Gravity Feed Smoker

Ok, so here is another run at posting the pictures right side up...

Ok, this is still a complete fail... All pictures from my phone are wonky :(

The all stainless Viking gravity feed are awesome! And heard they got a new method of distribution and have cut costs If you're in STL, check them out at St Louis Home Fires!

I've had my Baby Stump's for five years and I absolutely love it. It holds temperature great, even in the middle of a New England Nor' Easter snow storm. I highly recommend one.

I got my Assassin about a month ago and absolutely love it. It is very well built, set up well and includes a Pit Master IQ controller for a very good price. Jeff was great to deal with. I have only done ribs and chicken so far but they have been the best I've cooked!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 224
I think it's 10"x10" at the top, but goes to 1' square at the charcoal grate. Bellow are some pictures of the grate and the head diffuser:

Attachments

• 20141013_184235 (450x800).jpg
    20141013_184235 (450x800).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 20141013_184059 (800x450).jpg
    20141013_184059 (800x450).jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 191
The head diffuser is a great idea, I know on my Stumps Baby I have a hot spot where the heat enters the cooking area. Does the diffuser eliminate the hot spot or just help?

The diffuser works in combination with 4" of insulation between the fire and the smoke box, which minimizes the hot spot. I haven't done a comparison, but since all the heat come through the diffuser, I imagine that the shelf immediately above it would be the warmest spot. The perfect place for chicken or beans!

Mine holds a bag of Royal Oak lump, which I believe is 17lbs, but would hold a 20lb bag of KBB as well.

Holy carp that is awesome news! I got to see the first one when picking up mine a few weeks back, and it is truly a piece of art. Also, Randall got a walk his first time cooking with the beast! Congrats!!

Firebox/Charcoal Chute is 8” x 8” steel. Bottom 12” (where actual fire burns) is fabricated from 1⁄2 thick steel. The remainder of charcoal chute is 1⁄4” steel. Fire burns on 1⁄2” thick grate with engineered openings to allow ash to drop into ash pan and allow cooker to properly feed charcoal

I'm brand new to this site as of 10/14/14, I too am going the route of a gravity fed unit. I chose the Rebel 23. Picking it up Oct. 26. Been cooking on pellet cookers for the past 8 yrs, can't wAit for the change

Back