THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dogrunner

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Jeff
I'm waiting to build a new cabinet smoker. Is there any advantage to a reverse flow over a gravity feed . Thanks

I built a cabinet a while back, I really am happy with it for what it does. I also debated between a reverse flow and direct, but ultimately decided a direct was much simpler and really turns out some great product. Let me know if you have any questions I'd be happy to help, it was a fun process!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...9&share_fid=2132&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Some more recent pics 3 years later...
1cb04197e8a1bd10138954b2b3f4f8ec.jpg
bd256a448b9e571771c28522ba0f7008.jpg
f0fd6ecd73eb65060e493130fb4dacb6.jpg

Did you come up with the design on your own or find the plans some where thanks. Never mind I just saw the link to the build thread

Did you come up with the design on your own or find the plans some where thanks. Never mind I just saw the link to the build thread
Yea it was my own design, I did some looking online and then did some CAD work and some sketches so I knew what all my measurements would need to be and how much steel to order. I ordered the steel cut to size so that was critical.

I made some on the fly decisions as I was building for some of the smaller details that I didn't fully flesh out beforehand, like how the racks would be designed and function, how the charcoal basket would be suspended etc.

Since a direct flow is essentially like a drum smoker, you got a lot of room for wiggle. Reverse flows and gravity fed might require a bit more planning.

Back