Going to build a cabinet. Smoker

dogrunner

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Jeff
I'm waiting to build a new cabinet smoker. Is there any advantage to a reverse flow over a gravity feed . Thanks

I built a cabinet a while back, I really am happy with it for what it does. I also debated between a reverse flow and direct, but ultimately decided a direct was much simpler and really turns out some great product. Let me know if you have any questions I'd be happy to help, it was a fun process!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...9&share_fid=2132&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Some more recent pics 3 years later...
1cb04197e8a1bd10138954b2b3f4f8ec.jpg
bd256a448b9e571771c28522ba0f7008.jpg
f0fd6ecd73eb65060e493130fb4dacb6.jpg

Did you come up with the design on your own or find the plans some where thanks. Never mind I just saw the link to the build thread

Did you come up with the design on your own or find the plans some where thanks. Never mind I just saw the link to the build thread
Yea it was my own design, I did some looking online and then did some CAD work and some sketches so I knew what all my measurements would need to be and how much steel to order. I ordered the steel cut to size so that was critical.

I made some on the fly decisions as I was building for some of the smaller details that I didn't fully flesh out beforehand, like how the racks would be designed and function, how the charcoal basket would be suspended etc.

Since a direct flow is essentially like a drum smoker, you got a lot of room for wiggle. Reverse flows and gravity fed might require a bit more planning.

Back