Go ahead and risk it. Grill a brisket!

bbqwizard

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phillip
Grilled New York strip steak never tasted so good..... or was it actually NY strip?

Too often, people overlook cuts of beef that require moisture and/or long hours of cook time to help tenderize them. Some avoid them because big cuts of meat are intimidating, or they just don't need that much meat. Let me help you; ask your butcher to cut it into steaks.

Tough cuts, such as brisket, are extremely full of flavor, and when properly prepared, are absolutely fantastic on the grill! Trust me when I tell you, you're missing out!

Standard meat requirements apply, in order to achieve the best flavor and texture. Look for meat with the most amount of marbling (intramuscular fat), and get the best quality grading (top-choice, prime, or A5-A9) you can afford. If you're unsure, ask your butcher for suggestions. If by chance you get a cut with less marbling, you may want to tenderize the meat by using a jaccard, to help loosen the tight muscle fibers.

Next up, prepare that steak with whatever your tastebuds desire, fire up the grill, and get grilling! For the most pleasurable experience, please, please, please, don't overcook it!! No more than medium! Any further, and might as well chew on a leather belt.

If you cook the best steak in the world, and want to try something new, give this a try. Your wallet and tastebuds will thank you.

Attachments

• 20221101_175051.jpg
    20221101_175051.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 20221103_114640.jpg
    20221103_114640.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 318
  • 20221103_115507.jpg
    20221103_115507.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 315
OK, I think you need to be congratulated for your forethought on this.

It's definitely worth a try, and isn't gonna break the bank either. If it's no good, pressure cook it and make chili.

^^^^^^^^^^^ what SmokinAussie said

I've done it with slices of pork butt, tasted like grilled "dark meat" pork.

That is definitely one cook I didn't expect to see. It looks like it was very well executed and with all that great marbling, I'll bet it was pretty darn tasty! Well done, Phillip.

That’s an interesting idea. What grade was the brisket in the photos above?
It is great! A-5 this go round.

OK, I think you need to be congratulated for your forethought on this.

It's definitely worth a try, and isn't gonna break the bank either. If it's no good, pressure cook it and make chili.
all in the technique (don’t over cook it). Absolutely!

That is definitely one cook I didn't expect to see. It looks like it was very well executed and with all that great marbling, I'll bet it was pretty darn tasty! Well done, Phillip.
So tasty! Thanks brother.

That's thinking outside the smoker box!

You see every other cut of beef cut into steaks in the supermarket (including some that shouldn't be), why not?

Was it tender? Flavor looks on point (can’t go wrong with meat on charcoal). I wonder how this would be if sliced thin and put in a pineapple based marinade overnight to break down connective tissue. Could probably come out like a flank steak.

Looks really good!
How was the chew?
thank you! It was great! Kind of like a flat-iron or NY strip.

Was it tender? Flavor looks on point (can’t go wrong with meat on charcoal). I wonder how this would be if sliced thin and put in a pineapple based marinade overnight to break down connective tissue. Could probably come out like a flank steak.

Yes it was. It’s fantastic done that way. We used to marinate and cook it like that for “bowl” menu days.

Back