THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have never smoked a rack of full spare ribs. ~20+ years.
I started my journey of smoking meats because of BB ribs to begin with.
Will occasionally smoke ST Louis cut, but will usually buy the thinnest BBs I can find.
I think I may be in the minority.

You should, or at least take those full spares and chop off the tips and smoke them separately. They make great eats. Applebee's made a franchise chain off their rib tips.

BTW, you are not in the minority with buying the thinnest BB's. That extra meat is off the dry as F*ck center cut loin. Try to avoid as much as that "extra meaty" as you can. I shoot for less then 2/lb racks.

Yep, I buy the thinnest and lightest weight BBs I can find.

Maybe I should buy some rib tips alone. For some reason the full spares just don’t do it for me.

Yep, I buy the thinnest and lightest weight BBs I can find.

Maybe I should buy some rib tips alone. For some reason the full spares just don’t do it for me.

Not sure where you can find just rib tips. Maybe a Asian market. But i think your going to pay more then just buying Full spares at Walmart for like $1.79.lb. I just chop the tips off and freeze them for future cooks.

Back