Fried Grilled Chicken Thighs

Dom, those look great. You've posted a few cooks using Lefty's and they have all looked incredible. I'm going to have to pick some up, pull a few crappie out of the lake, and give it a try!

Looks great!! How close does it taste to regular fried chicken?

Edit: What did you use to brine the chicken and would this work on regular kettle with a sns?

Last edited:
Looks great!! How close does it taste to regular fried chicken?

Edit: What did you use to brine the chicken and would this work on regular kettle with a sns?

It's not exactly like regular fried chicken but it's darn crispy for a chicken that's grilled on a Kamado.

The dry brining was simply a liberal sprinkling of kosher salt, then left uncovered in the fridge on a wire rack for airflow. I left it in the fridge for at least two days, might have even been three.

There's a grilled fried Buffalo wings recipe/ youtube video on the sns grills site. I've used their technique with my slow n sear on my 18" kettle. Their video is what initially sparked my desire to attempt this myself.

-Dom

The cool thing is that those are completely legal as an entry for KCBS comps, but nobody has the stones to turn them in.....
Ed

To you judges, what would you think if these showed up in a comp box?

Back