Found this Weber Kettle deal. (A steal?)

bonehead762

Full Fledged Farker
As I mentioned previously, I am buying a kettle grill for my brother. I actually already had purchased a Master Touch but, after reading about some of the used surprise finds from some of the members, I was curious and I started looking at Craigslist, Offer-Up, and Facebook Marketplace. I'd never ever used or even heard of Facebook Marketplace before. But on Saturday I saw a posting for a blue Weber kettle on a cart. It said $100 and it looked in decent condition. It had been posted for 1 hour. I messaged and kept checking but I saw no response. I thought I was probably not looking in the right place for a response since I had no idea how to use the site. But, lo and behold, the owner finally messaged me back on Sunday and we messaged back and forth and I picked this up yesterday.
The owner said that she had gotten dozens and dozens of calls but she started at the top of the list and she let me buy it. :grin: So my brother is getting a Performer in blue, his favorite color!

Among other things, the folding black rectangle came with it but I can't figure out what it is. Any help?

Attachments

• IMG_2940.jpg
    IMG_2940.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2941.jpg
    IMG_2941.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_2942.jpg
    IMG_2942.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 225
Yeah somebody's gonna call the cops cause you stole that.
Very nice lookin Kettle.
As stated earlier the rack is for skewers. I have the same one in stainless.

You absolutely got a good deal on that! Now, all you have to do is have your brother join the Brethren and show us all the fun he has with it.

Helluva deal on that apparently hardly used kettle on a cart...looks like new on the outside. Use to have one in black.

Awesome deal! Few years back I scored a once or twice used performer for $150. Even registered the warranty as the previous owner hadn't activated it. Used the hell out of it for over 2 years and sold it for the same price to my gardener who snatched it real fast from me.

20130113_165012.jpg

Awesome deal! Few years back I scored a once or twice used performer for $150. Even registered the warranty as the previous owner hadn't activated it. Used the hell out of it for over 2 years and sold it for the same price to my gardener who snatched it real fast from me.

20130113_165012.jpg

Why did you get rid of it? I have the same exact one and love it.

20130113_165012.jpg
Not sure the nuances of what Weber calls a Performer. The OP's score is what I call "Kettle on a cart". Had one for years...it's disappearance still unexplained. Replaced it with a Performer with gas assist. JMO the gas assist is what makes a Performer. Can light up a chimney of lump in under 10 minutes.

Yup. No Ash Pan. Maybe you can use a metal bucket instead os find out what a replacement one is worth.

Also no plastic tub for charcoal, although that is a fairly old unit it might not have come with one of those.

You should be arrested for theft however.

Bill

Sorry for the confusion...It DID come with the ash can. I had just taken it off and placed it inside. I'll post when I get it cleaned up.

Thanks for the clarification on the skewer holder. That's what my wife thought. They do know best, right? :grin:

Also, the two charcoal holders are rusted out on the bottoms I will make new ones to include with the kit when I give it to my brother. I can't decide if I should make him the original charcoal holders or a copy of the Smoke-n-Sear gadget I keep hearing about. Maybe make him a vortex too and give him something to play with. He used to be a very good griller but hasn't for a few decades. He's excited to get back grilling again and to start some minor smoking. He's retired to Chandler Arizona and lives on a golf course so he has plenty of time. :lol:

Last edited:
Why did you get rid of it? I have the same exact one and love it.

I was downsizing space. I had the standalone 36" blackstone griddle, blackstone pizza oven, pbc, LSG vertical offset, etc etc. I had around 16 cookers so they took up a lot of space. Sold off the 36" blackstone, dropped in 28" blackstone cooktop on my gasser, replaced the performer with a redhead 22" and a 26" Webers to reduce footprint. Ended up even gifting the redhead to my younger bro and dropped the 26 on cart. IMHO this is the sweet spot as I completely stopped using the 22" after I got a 26"

hE3YrrDh.jpg

Back