foil or paper?

Butcher paper for everything: beef ribs, pork ribs and brisket and Boston butt too. Had some problems with boston butt due the huge amount of juices running out and destroing paper.
It garanties a better bark and speedsp cooking time.

I bought a 24" x 800 ' roll of white butcher paper on amazon for $28.60 (free shipping). I was shocked by how big it was and how much it weighed. Gonna need a lot of meat to get through it. CAN"T WAIT!!

I used to be pretty hard core butcher paper only. Now, this is another thing I don't care as much about anymore. I like BP and Foil. Never used parchment. I like to go unwrapped too. Just depends on how full the moon is, and how heavy my beer is, and if the dog is scratchin' alot.

In all seriousness I like them all. I find a use for each one at different times. Heck, even the foil pans. I did a pulled brisket not to long ago that went in a pan after it had been on awhile. Sure,. it ended up braised. But that's what I was after... best damn tacos ever!

That's about right. There is no one way. Color outside your lines once in a while

I bought a 24" x 800 ' roll of white butcher paper on amazon for $28.60 (free shipping). I was shocked by how big it was and how much it weighed. Gonna need a lot of meat to get through it. CAN"T WAIT!!

works great for lining work and food prep areas. Makes for easy cleanup!

I usually use foil, especially with ribs since I add wine for the flavor. I never have a problem with the bark. I usually go bone side down for 2 hours, foil for 1 hour and then back on bone side down to add sauce if I want, which in usually do. I guess the last half hour to 345 minutes firms the bark back up. Just vacuumed a 3/4 rack left from Mother's Day 3 rack cook.

I go back and forth between foil and bp. You can get a nice bark with foil but you have to throw out the notion that you have to foil at a certain time or temp. With foil you have to let the bark dictate when you wrap. If you get a soggy bark you foiled too soon or too loosely. I would try bp first if you have never tried wrapping before.

Edit: Fort Wayne??? I think there is someone in your backyard that could probably help you out. He may be the chicken king but I bet he knows a few other tricks.:wink:

Butcher paper for everything: beef ribs, pork ribs and brisket and Boston butt too. Had some problems with boston butt due the huge amount of juices running out and destroing paper.
It garanties a better bark and speedsp cooking time.
SIt it on a Cookie rack in a disposable hotel pan so you don't lose that Liquid Piggy Love

So it sounds like Butcher paper is the hands-down favorite...Now I just need to figure out where to get some. I don't need a huge roll and it seems like that is all I see around here. Maybe I'll just ask for some at my butcher when I pick up some meat.

...and pjtexas1 who is this Fort Wayne BBQ hero you speak of???

So it sounds like Butcher paper is the hands-down favorite...Now I just need to figure out where to get some. I don't need a huge roll and it seems like that is all I see around here. Maybe I'll just ask for some at my butcher when I pick up some meat.

fwismoker. I cannot believe he didn't respond to my post.:confused:

When I search amazon for butcher paper, brown kraft paper comes up as well. I can get a 24 x 1000ft roll for $30. Will this work for bbq?

Be careful my butcher uses wax coated paper.

Some smokes benefit from wrapping in butcher paper. Others, not as much.
Butts and Brisket seem to me to benefit more than other meats.
I've wrapped Deer and Goat to preserve moisture while they smoke.

Back